Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 04:39 AM

2,376 posts, read 7,053,182 times

Advertisements

I am currently living in China and though most Christmas trees are manufactured here, I can't seem to find many Christmas trees here since Christmas is not really celebrated here. Only big supermarkets sell them but very limited like probably 3 every supermarket and they all look thin with very few branches and very awful.
Last week, I just found a site selling prelit christmas trees that are usually sold just for hotels and establishments. I am quite hesitant because I am not sure if it will have many branches or not as I am afraid it will be the same as what I got last year that has very few leaves and branches and hasso many gaps im between .
How many leaves does a 7 ft medium Christmas tree usually have and how many lights ? If you have a full Christmas tree, you may also say something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2013, 06:52 AM

1,256 posts, read 4,179,741 times
Christmas trees traditionally are evergreen pine trees of some type - they have a whole lot of needles (their leaves) - LOTS.

But Google is your friend (or...baidu?) and will easily return images of christmas trees if you search for them. I tried "圣诞树" here in the States using Baidu but something broke (I suspect cross-border blocking) - you might have more success.

Last edited by sullyguy; 10-14-2013 at 07:13 AM..

Old 10-14-2013, 07:06 AM

2,668 posts, read 4,460,991 times
0. A Christmas tree has pine "needles" and not leaves.

Old 10-14-2013, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sullyguy View Post
Christmas trees traditionally are evergreen pine trees of some type - they have a whole lot of needles (their leaves) - LOTS.

But Google is your friend (or...baidu?) and will easily return images of christmas trees if you search for them. I tried "圣诞树" here in the States using Baidu but something broke (I suspect cross-border blocking) - you might have more success.
Translation is not so good... Usually the details aren't so complete too and not so easy to talk to the sellers as they most of the time cannot really understand my questions.

Old 10-14-2013, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchrider View Post
0. A Christmas tree has pine "needles" and not leaves.
the same

Old 10-14-2013, 07:25 AM

1,256 posts, read 4,179,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermosaa View Post
Translation is not so good... Usually the details aren't so complete too and not so easy to talk to the sellers as they most of the time cannot really understand my questions.
My suggestion was for IMAGES only, not actual selling sites, because you pretty much asked "What does a christmas tree look like?" in your original post.

Having typed that, however, I Google-Image-Searched for "christmas tree in China" and got lots and lots of hits - for example: Christmas tree in China. I'm sure you can do the same type of search using either Baidu or something else and find lots of Chinese suppliers.

Many off-the-shelf trees do NOT come with decorations as the link above shows; you add those yourself.

Old 10-14-2013, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sullyguy View Post
My suggestion was for IMAGES only, not actual selling sites, because you pretty much asked "What does a christmas tree look like?" in your original post.

Having typed that, however, I Google-Image-Searched for "christmas tree in China" and got lots and lots of hits - for example: Christmas tree in China. I'm sure you can do the same type of search using either Baidu or something else and find lots of Chinese suppliers.

Many off-the-shelf trees do NOT come with decorations as the link above shows; you add those yourself.
Thanks for the link . I am familiar with Christmas trees since I also grew up celebrating Christmas in my country. Just that I never thought that aside from height, Christmas trees also vary in thickness since I always see fat and densed christmas trees, but here, the ones sold are very thin and full of gaps.

Old 10-14-2013, 07:41 AM

22,239 posts, read 47,157,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermosaa View Post
How many leaves does a 7 ft medium Christmas tree usually have and how many lights ? If you have a full Christmas tree, you may also say something.

Zero leaves (if the tree has leaves, it is NOT a Christmas tree!)... and as many lights as you prefer.

For me, the more the better - - and a live tree only!

Old 10-14-2013, 07:53 AM

2,186 posts, read 4,545,617 times
Hi!! Depending on the variety of spruce I am seeing anywhere from 1100+ to upwards of 5000+ branch tips. This would also account for some trees advertised as slim to extra full - depending on your personal taste. Some have lights attached some do not. Number of lights is variant upon the number of branch tips and the fullness of the tree. There are many websites available - or do you have a friend stateside who could ship one to you? Can you access e-bay or amazon there? I hope you are able to find something - and obviously need to get a jump start on your preparations. Merry Christmas in advance!!!

Old 10-14-2013, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFoulke View Post
Hi!! Depending on the variety of spruce I am seeing anywhere from 1100+ to upwards of 5000+ branch tips. This would also account for some trees advertised as slim to extra full - depending on your personal taste. Some have lights attached some do not. Number of lights is variant upon the number of branch tips and the fullness of the tree. There are many websites available - or do you have a friend stateside who could ship one to you? Can you access e-bay or amazon there? I hope you are able to find something - and obviously need to get a jump start on your preparations. Merry Christmas in advance!!!
Thank you... shipping from another country would cost a lot especially since it will be quite heavy although it will be easier for me to understand because product details are more complete.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House