Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2013, 03:58 AM

29,391 posts, read 55,591,550 times

Advertisements

An Australian family has reclaimed their Guinness World Record by stringing up more than half a million Christmas lights around their suburban home. A Guinness World Records rep confirmed today that the Richards family of Canberra set the record for Christmas lights on a residential property with 502,165 twinkling bulbs. The family first entered the record book in 2011 with 331,038 multi-colored lights. But they were trumped last year by a family in LaGrangeville, NY, who illuminated their home with 346,283 lights.

Family Nabs Cheery Record: Most Christmas Lights - Aussies strung up 31 miles of wire to reclaim Guinness World Record
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2013, 05:31 PM

2,186 posts, read 4,573,088 times
And captured the TRUE meaning of Christmas in the process.....I like to look at the lights and decorations as much as anybody, but I confess if my neighbor(s) did something like that I honestly just don't know if I could even process that, or risk retina burn driving by it. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't say anything because frankly it wouldn't be any of my business since it's their property and all, but can you imagine the amount of cars driving by just to gawk and take pictures?..... and generally people get so caught up in "the moment" they forget they are either trespassing or invading someone else's space who would rather they just keep on driving by (quickly and quietly). Maybe I'm just getting old....

Old 11-27-2013, 09:07 PM

12,083 posts, read 38,853,217 times
Maybe I'm on the cynical side, but, WHY? Plus I see something like that and the first thing that pops into my head is what is the electric bill going to be and how many homeless could have had a meal at a local shelter with that money. Might as well just wear a flashing sign that says "Look at me!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House