Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2014, 08:09 PM

28,453 posts, read 85,370,617 times

Advertisements

I strongly disagree that anyone should consider Viking fridges! These are very trouble prone units; they were developed by Amana and when Amana got bought Viking acquired the rights to the built-in fridges.

I would recommend SubZero or Northland/Marvel over Viking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2014, 06:18 AM

18,470 posts, read 31,635,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
I really love the way the Marvel is designed/laid out on the inside, but we stopped at one of the local appliance stores that sells high end appliances (Sub-Zero, Wolf, Thermador, etc.) and is a Marvel distributor (but mainly the small undercounter units, not the large freezers/refrigerators) and one of the salesmen said he wouldn't recommend the large Marvel unit, that the Sub-Zero was superior. He claims he's had servicing issues, but I have to wonder how many large units he's even sold being that they don't even have them on the showroom floor? And if he's just biased towards Sub-Zero/Wolf being that that's who they've been a distributor for over the years? I'm not sure if this store carried the Northland line at some point in the past, so they are somewhat familiar with the Northland/Marvel line.

But as the salesman said, my husband does have concerns about repair/service issues and is now considering going with Sub-Zero units being that they're just more common in the area so servicing would be "easier."

Hold A LOT of food being that we entertain often. Plus the brand helps perceived value in the home should we ever sell. If I could find a lesser priced 36" full size refrigerator and a 36" full size freezer, I'd consider it, but they just don't exist, not that I'm aware of anyway.

This. I need the cubic footage to hold my foods as opposed to always having to run downstairs to my other refrigerator and other freezer. Heck, the beverages will even be in different refrigerated units. Basically, I need space.

I would never even consider that while buying a refridgerator.

that, i absolutely get. totally.

I am lucky then, I have had an Amana for 25 years, it does what it is supposed to do. It is still nice black outside, I like the lights in my freezer too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House