Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2014, 11:07 AM

7,474 posts, read 22,875,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCtoMiami View Post
Donn2390-thank you for the information. I am the one who suggested to our HOA to install cameras in our complex. I suggested they install them at different places. They said It was going to be too expensive to they installed the cameras at the gate and pool area.
One time a guy was trying to open unlocked cars at night. The homeowner called security and the guy got away. When the cops asked security for the video they were given a run around. They never gave the cop the video. We have a video installed at our house so we gave the cop a copy. They knew who the guy was.

Our HOA when it comes to informing owners about any meeting good luck. If they ever schedule a meeting they will have it at 2pm during the week knowing owners are working. They really don't want them to attend.
I hear horror stories about HOA's, but ours has always worked flawlessly. If we receive a request for video surveillance from a resident or police department, we respond immediately and work hand in hand with PD.
Resident questions or requests, no matter how crazy it may be, are answered usually the same day, even if only to tell them it may take a few days, but we'll keep them informed.
There are laws that regulate HOA's and it's a legal requirement to hold at least quarterly meeting and send out notices to all residents 10 days prior to a meeting. We send out emails and post on a BB next to the community mailbox. We beg residents to attend and get involved. Out of 70 homes, we may get 5 or 6 people at a meeting. Nothing is hidden, we want everyone to know what goes on. Meeting must be held at a time convenient to all. We only hear from those who have a complaint, as long as things run smoothly, you don't hear a word from the residents who benefit from the association.
I would check the laws governing HOA's in your state;
http://www.becker-poliakoff.com/File...e_2013_hoa.pdf
Florida Condo & HOA Legal Blog | Florida Real Estate & Condo Lawyers | Becker & Poliakoff Law Firm
You will probably find they are violating many laws.
The biggest reason for poorly run HOA's is lack of participation of homeowners. No one wants to help, so nothing gets done.
We have a five member BOD and only two of us do everything, they rest rarely ever come to a meeting. We are lucky to have two people willing to do the work, some have none, so nothing gets done. People run for the BOD just to keep it alive, then do nothing after being elected.
You might be a victim of HOA apathy... No one willing to do anything, so they don't..!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2014, 01:13 PM

5,048 posts, read 9,614,434 times
Quote:
Donn2390-thank you for the information. I am the one who suggested to our HOA to install cameras in our complex. I suggested they install them at different places. They said It was going to be too expensive to they installed the cameras at the gate and pool area.
One time a guy was trying to open unlocked cars at night. The homeowner called security and the guy got away. When the cops asked security for the video they were given a run around. They never gave the cop the video. We have a video installed at our house so we gave the cop a copy. They knew who the guy was.

Our HOA when it comes to informing owners about any meeting good luck. If they ever schedule a meeting they will have it at 2pm during the week knowing owners are working. They really don't want them to attend.
Check your bylaws and declaration. Some say how often a meeting will be and how much notice will be given for the meeting. Some states have a POA Act or Condo Act that puts requirements on these things. Some mgrs' licensing laws require some of these things. So that the end result is being some sort of law that there be good communication with the residents and notification of meetings so residents can attend.

Old 06-08-2014, 05:54 AM

9,196 posts, read 24,927,777 times
I don't understand why you can't figure out WHERE the sound is coming from. Inside your car? Outside? Left side of the road or right? Ahead of you or behind?

This is just so vague as to defy anything but random guesses.

Old 06-08-2014, 11:56 AM

1,632 posts, read 1,849,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHTransplant View Post
I don't understand why you can't figure out WHERE the sound is coming from. Inside your car? Outside? Left side of the road or right? Ahead of you or behind?

This is just so vague as to defy anything but random guesses.

Old 06-10-2014, 07:38 AM

3,631 posts, read 7,666,242 times
Along with most folks here, I am confused! Are you sure you aren't just hearing your LSD (traction control) activate in your vehicle while you pass over the speed bump? On some vehicles it can be quite noticable.

HOAs would gain no benefit from tracking residents once they have entered the community...to think they would have an interest in that seems like a pretty far fetched conclusion to come to IMHO.

Old 06-10-2014, 12:58 PM

5,048 posts, read 9,614,434 times
Ingress and egress monitoring is actual an attractive feature in some gated communities. Vehicle tracking, photo of driver and vehicle tag are part of the attraction of the well protected community along with patrol bikes or patrol golf carts, some even with defibs, incident reports, securing not only the gates but the perimeters and grounds.

Old 06-10-2014, 01:21 PM

16,715 posts, read 19,400,390 times
Quote:
CHTransplant-i have no i dea where the buzz is coming from. We checked the electric pole, a tree near by. No the clicker does not buzz.

luv4horses-I don't know about you but when you start hearing sounds out of no where i investigate.

Hopes- I feel safe but inquiring minds what to know.

50 mins after asking security about the buzz the sound stopped. I think they turned it off. Now you can only hear it when you use your clicker at the entrance to open the gate. I still think they is another sensor at the back of the property maybe to track cars. I don't like to be tracked when i leave my house..do i trust the security no.
So leave your clicker at home and dial yourself in. Or take your meds.

Old 06-10-2014, 03:34 PM

Location: Downtown Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill,Homestead for now
512 posts, read 1,224,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
cully[/b];35175819]Ingress and egress monitoring is actual an attractive feature in some gated communities. Vehicle tracking, photo of driver and vehicle tag are part of the attraction of the well protected community along with patrol bikes or patrol golf carts, some even with defibs, incident reports, securing not only the gates but the perimeters and grounds.
Maybe that is what we have. I think they installed it and did not turn off the buzz around the area. I think it is suppose to silently track but the installer screwed up. When i called to inquire about the sound they turned the sound off.

CHTransplant and Supplies SOHoVe-To me it sounded like the sound was coming from a pole. Just when you pass electricity pole which is by the speed bump. After calling security about the sound the buzz stopped. So to me i think it is

convextech-Not everyone is on meds like you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House