Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2008, 04:16 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,093,118 times

Advertisements

Here is the one I bought and - it is one sale! But beware: You will get hooked on Joy Mangano products. Her huggable hangers transformed my closets and I keep buying them to do the other closets. I have the neatest closet in town now, LOL.

I can't believe how good this little steamer is. And it even has a retractable cord, wh/ I love - and comes in colors (wh/ may not mean much to some people but I like for all my closet stuff to match - why not???)

Joy Mangano My Little Steamer with Retractable Cord at HSN.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2008, 08:22 PM

4,053 posts, read 8,214,779 times
How does it do with the spitting?

Old 07-20-2008, 11:14 AM

210 posts, read 742,856 times
Default Pearl Scents

I have one, if any of you have the product "Pearl Scents" air freshener by the company Renuzits, you can make them last longer by adding a little water to the pearls when you see them start to get smaller and start to dry up. In about 10 minutes you will see the pearls swell up to their original size! I have had my same freshener for about 3 months and it smells and looks like i just bought it. Just add water and swish it around until all the pearls are wet and start to roll around. Sure beats spending 5 bucks every time on one

Old 07-20-2008, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allisonguru View Post
I have one, if any of you have the product "Pearl Scents" air freshener by the company Renuzits, you can make them last longer by adding a little water to the pearls when you see them start to get smaller and start to dry up. In about 10 minutes you will see the pearls swell up to their original size! I have had my same freshener for about 3 months and it smells and looks like i just bought it. Just add water and swish it around until all the pearls are wet and start to roll around. Sure beats spending 5 bucks every time on one
You are kidding! I love this tip. Gonna try it out. Thank you so much for sharing, Allisonguru!!

Old 07-20-2008, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by photobuff42 View Post
How does it do with the spitting?
None. Have experienced none. I think it is b/c the way the nozzle is made. That is the problem I had w/ the THREE steamers I have bought in the past - all as travel steamers. I hated them all!!!!

This one is different. I highly recommend it. Get on the website and read customer comments on it - and see what others are saying. I like reading the ratings - people do mention the postives and any negatives, as well.

Good luck!

Old 07-22-2008, 02:54 PM

5,068 posts, read 10,096,571 times
About enzymes...

I saw these mentioned in the tips, but wondered where you get them, are there different kinds for different purposes, and brands do you look for?

Old 07-22-2008, 03:24 PM

1,117 posts, read 2,032,965 times
I buy my enzymes in a concentrated form. I get them from www.killmoldfast.com

The pet stores have a very expensive diluted form available in many brands and Wal-Mart carries the OUT! enzyme products. I prefer to have TONS of product on hand that I dilute myself for pennies on the dollar.

Old 07-22-2008, 08:22 PM

Thanks! Someone said Clorox II would do the job on grout, but I think I'll wait and try this.

Old 07-22-2008, 10:33 PM

1,117 posts, read 2,032,965 times
The oxygen cleaners such as Clorox 2 are effective, but I have seen instances where it caused damage to poorly maintained grout. If you have sealed grout, you should be fine. If your grout is in fairly good condition but just needs a good cleaning, make sure you seal it after you get it sparkling clean.

Old 07-23-2008, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonFly757 View Post
The oxygen cleaners such as Clorox 2 are effective, but I have seen instances where it caused damage to poorly maintained grout. If you have sealed grout, you should be fine. If your grout is in fairly good condition but just needs a good cleaning, make sure you seal it after you get it sparkling clean.
How do you seal it? There's a grout sealer? As you can see, I'm not too well-versed in this kind of thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House