Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2015, 07:35 PM

1,871 posts, read 2,085,496 times

Advertisements

An easy way to clean your sponge and your microwave in one easy step. Get the sponge wet and then put in the microwave for 2 minutes on high. This will then steam the microwave and make it easy to wipe out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2015, 03:12 PM

1,708 posts, read 1,622,502 times
The best thing ever for cleaning carpet spots is some stuff named Folex. It works really well...I found it at Home Depot. A co-worker recommended it for spots on the floor in my new office -apparently the previous occupant ate lunch at his desk all the time and the carpet was a mess. The spots had been ground in by the office chair too...the Folex did a great job. It comes in a spray bottle.
Attached Thumbnails
Pssssst!  Household secrets!!!!-image.jpg  

Old 07-07-2015, 02:20 PM

692 posts, read 697,643 times
I don't think this was mentioned before, but I found the easiest and best way to keep showers and the glass clean is a mixture of dawn and vinegar. Heat one cup of vinegar in the microwave until it gets hot. Pour in spray bottle. Add one cup of original blue Dawn dish detergent and shake. Spray on tub shower and glass shower doors. I usually wait around an hour and go back and wipe off with a sponge or the toilet brush I bought just to clean the tub. Use a squeegie to wipe down the glass after you rinsed off the residue. So easy and works so good.

Old 07-29-2015, 03:10 PM

22,633 posts, read 6,385,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlking58 View Post
The best thing ever for cleaning carpet spots is some stuff named Folex. It works really well...I found it at Home Depot. A co-worker recommended it for spots on the floor in my new office -apparently the previous occupant ate lunch at his desk all the time and the carpet was a mess. The spots had been ground in by the office chair too...the Folex did a great job. It comes in a spray bottle.
My MIL gave me a bottle of Folex to try, years ago, it is good...I get it at Kmart.

Old 08-12-2015, 10:05 PM

3 posts, read 15,140 times
I like mixing that makes me enjoyed.

Old 08-23-2015, 10:44 AM

6,403 posts, read 7,601,275 times
Has anyone tried the Scrub Daddy sponges that were featured on Shark Tank?

I bought one and to me it was no better than a good quality sponge and fell apart sooner than I expected.

Old 08-25-2015, 06:04 AM

4,703 posts, read 4,353,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi60 View Post
Has anyone tried the Scrub Daddy sponges that were featured on Shark Tank?

I bought one and to me it was no better than a good quality sponge and fell apart sooner than I expected.
I have not but have been wondering about it as well. Guess I will still be wondering and not purchasing yet. Though I have to say, the hype really does get me ready to buy - so thanks for your post.

Old 08-25-2015, 09:30 AM

4,168 posts, read 3,357,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvenne View Post
I have not but have been wondering about it as well. Guess I will still be wondering and not purchasing yet. Though I have to say, the hype really does get me ready to buy - so thanks for your post.
Yup..I had wondered about its alleged 'potato-peeling' ability.

Old 08-27-2015, 08:15 PM

13,034 posts, read 17,906,202 times
I have them and love them. I have stainless steel and a cook top so they are great for scrubbing and cleaning. You need to pay attention to the usage directions cold water vs. hot water. I love that they don't get smelly or moldy. The one drawback I notice is that they are not absorbent like a cellulose sponge so for table wipes and spills I use a paper towel. They last for me at least and you really don't need to use detergent although I will on certain things.

Old 01-10-2016, 10:42 AM

16,825 posts, read 17,629,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
The other day, I saw on some Life Hacks tv show that a sheet of aluminum foil, balled up, helps with static in the dryer. I just use the major cheapy fabric softener sheets, so with some things, there's a ton of static. This really works! Reusable, cheap, effective. I just tore off about a 6" piece of foil.
Wool dryer balls are even more effect. No static, cuts drying time significantly, and if you have a thrift shop near you super cheap (and made in 10 mins).

DIY Homemade Wool Dryer Balls - Live Simply
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House