Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2014, 11:45 PM

1,017 posts, read 1,806,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCard~ View Post
Agree! Love my Dyson! ....Tossed out my Kriby ...:P Freaking nightmare dragging it around, way to heavy....Plus it didn't pick up that great, to big....
I did a demo on a Kirby years ago and your right on the money there way to heavy and bulky and a pain in the back side to move around so I did not buy one and I opted for the rainbow instead. wich has fallin down the stairs twice and it still runs like a champ and it was bought in 96
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2014, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jleonard711 View Post
If you want the performance of a Dyson but at less than 1/2 the cost, check out the Shark Navigator Professional. I had a Dyson for a few months and hated it, and replaced it with the Shark and it was the best move ever. It sucks up everything, is simple to operate, can be used as an upright or detachable canister, bagless, and easy to empty/clean the filters. There's a reason why Shark models make up for 7 of the 20 best selling vacuums on Amazon!
owned one of them for two years and the beater brush motor makes all kinds of grinding noises wich is not good never again would I buy one

Old 11-01-2014, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightly Knight View Post
I've owned them all, and they all suck, lol. The new rule, buy cheap, when it breaks, throw it out...
your right on the money. it's the same with everything else as well. it's all made in china . the one thing I hate to see on the manufactures label is freaking made in china

Old 11-02-2014, 12:55 AM

28,107 posts, read 63,475,753 times
^^^ could be why my appliances are all still working... even my TV is made in USA...

We really could make quality products that were worth repairing not all that long ago.

Kind of sad... the way it is today.

A co-worker bought a very expensive refrigerator and it couldn't be fix under warranty... the part was not available so they exchanged it... she is OK with it but it begs the question of not having parts or being obsolete when it is not even 6 months old.

Guess we really are a throw away society....

Old 11-02-2014, 01:28 AM

37,077 posts, read 42,043,953 times
For me a canister vac is good for seeing what you get when you're done. It's psychological, and it can make you want to vacuum more often. With a bag you never know what's going on.

I have a Sebo and a Dyson, both about 8 year old, that are going strong (I went through a vacuum phase..lol). I don't like the new Dyson's with the ball though, just a personal thing. I'll get another Sebo if I ever need to, maybe a Shark if I want another canister.

Honestly, I think as long as you don't buy the cheapest thing out there most modern vac's hold up to normal use pretty well.

Old 11-02-2014, 03:45 AM

9,673 posts, read 9,956,546 times
light weight ,belt less, bag less , with no suction loss would be the prize vacuum

Old 11-02-2014, 06:28 AM

4,977 posts, read 5,736,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southlander View Post
**A bagless vacuum means you are tapping out the trash...but there are always dust and bits of trash left behind that you have to wipe out at some point. With a bag, you pull the whole thing out, put another in...done. Plus, the bags seem to help the suction work better.
I LOVE my bagless. I can see exactly what I've vacuumed up, and then I dump it directly into the garbage. If I happen to vacuum up something I did not mean to, I can much more easily fish it out of the cup, rather than somehow get it out of a bag. I think my bagless vacuum suction is far superior to the bagged vacuums I've had.

With dog hair, I fill that sucker up all the time. If I had bags, I'd be putting a new bag in every other time I vacuumed. That'd get expensive (not to mention, being a PITA).

Old 11-02-2014, 06:43 AM

603 posts, read 834,379 times
Simplicity is a great vacuum. It's pretty expensive, but well worth it since I have 2 dogs who shed a lot. I currently have a Simplicity upright.

I had a Dyson for 3 or 4 years and hated it. Bagless vacuums don't do a good job of containing the dust. When I vacuumed I could see dust particles flying through the air with the Dyson. Not so with the Simplicity. I bought the Simplicity from a local vacuum cleaner store and compared the Dyson to the Simplicity in the store. The sales guy dumped some dirt on a rug and had me vacuum a section with my Dyson (which was in for a repair) and with the Simplicity floor model. The Simplicity did a far better job.

The Simplicity is also far lighter than the Dyson. I'm not a weakling by any means but I hated lugging that Dyson up the stairs. I can carry the Simplicity with one hand. Simplicity vacuums are also made in the USA.

Old 11-02-2014, 06:50 AM

21,870 posts, read 15,046,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakealope View Post
Bagless vacuums don't do a good job of containing the dust. When I vacuumed I could see dust particles flying through the air with the Dyson. Not so with the Simplicity.
Sorry you had that experience with the Dyson. I have had the exact opposite experience. I was once cleaning up a space of sheetrock dust. I could see the Dyson suck in the sheetrock dust in a cyclone from the wand. I also Dyson off the porch from pollen and see all the yellow/green pollen swirling around in the container too.

I love Dyson. I have never had any problems with mine. I have 3 uprights and 2 minis.

Old 11-02-2014, 07:03 AM

18,940 posts, read 43,348,635 times
I have a Shark Ultralite Rocket, and it has been the best little vacuum I have bought. It's designed like the Dyson DC35 but has a cord so you don't have to worry about the battery running down. Suction is strong, and the roller brush attachment has two speeds, for vacuuming low or high pile. Cup is very easy to empty, and the foam filter pulls right out of the top for washing. I just wish they would provide a short 3ft hose for vacuuming the car.

Amazon.com - Shark Rocket Ultralight Upright (HV302) - Upright Vacuums
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House