Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2014, 01:46 PM

110 posts, read 609,611 times

Advertisements

Hi people.

The house I just moved into has a tricky problem, and I'm hoping someone can help me move in the right direction. All the flooring in the house is hardwood, with the kitchen and bathrooms being porcelain tile... except for one bedroom that was previously used as a laundry room. I've already move the laundry hook-ups and appliances to a different part of the house so I can use this bedroom as an actual bedroom. I'd like to put down hardwood in this bedroom to match the rest of the house. My issue is that I can't find the same hardwood product that was used in the rest of the house.

The hardwood used in the rest of the house is Shaw micro bevel oak plank, #U6271 Color #736. This is a pre-finished hardwood, 3/4" thick by 3 1/2" wide. I can't find this ANYWHERE. I'm at a loss where to look anymore, aside from calling Shaw direct (which I plan on doing this week). The previous owner left me 2 cartons, and a box of cut pieces that were left over. I'd estimate theres about 35 sq ft total that was left, but I need an additional 100 sq ft to do the job properly.

The other option I have is to purchase a different product that matches the color of the existing wood, but I can't find any matching woods that are 3 1/2" wide. Also, I'd like to find something that would match without re-finishing the entire house flooring.

Anyways, can anyone suggest places to look? I'm going to contact Shaw tomorrow morning and see if they have any ideas, as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2014, 01:57 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,202,259 times
Have you gone to look in person or are you just looking on line? I'd take a piece of the plank with you and try flooring stores in your areas, including Lumber Liquidators and see whether they have anything that is a close enough match. Otherwise, you may want to think about site finished hardwood, where they can stain unfinished wood to match the existing finish on the rest of the house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House