Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2015, 09:15 AM

2,294 posts, read 3,428,427 times

Advertisements

If celebrities like Oprah would stop this sort of behavior then maybe there would be more water to go around. At $15K a tanker just whose water is she buying ?

Oprah Winfrey hires $15K water tankers to hose the garden of her 40-acre estate : California
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2015, 01:21 PM

5,851 posts, read 5,278,419 times
My thoughts on this drought:

Short term:

1. NO ONE and I repeat NO ONE should water their lawns-whether it be Joe Smoe on the corner or some big golf course. Lawns are last priority. So what if everyone has brown grass.

2. NO ONE and again, I repeat NO ONE wash their cars. It is too bad for owners of car washes but that is how it will have to be-FOR NOW.

3. California should invest in desalinization. Yes, it is expensive and no it is not going to meet ALL the water demands for the state but it will help.

4. Farmers need to reduce planting water-hogging plants. I know that it will suck for us who love walnuts and other foods that require a lot of water but that is how it will be-FOR NOW.

Long term:

1. California should invest in Desalinization.

2. Climate change needs to be addressed.

3. We as a nation and as a world need to move away from fossil fuels.

Cat
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House