U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2006, 08:51 AM

14,874 posts, read 23,899,346 times

Advertisements

Lowe's apparently is not the only one doing these cottages. Check out this story on msn
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13739881/

Sounds like a great idea to me. I like that the architecture is kept true to the areas. I also like the lake idea. I've said I was going to build a bunch of little cottages or cabins on ours so that all of our friends can just stay over for the weekend gatherings we have. Hmmmmm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2006, 08:54 AM

14,874 posts, read 23,899,346 times
Here is the link to the cottages mentioned and all of the plans available. Really cute and some have optional add-ons for another bedroom.
http://www.cusatocottages.com/index_content.html (broken link)

Old 03-31-2007, 08:54 PM

177 posts, read 654,174 times
I belive the way to go on the gulf coast will be the ICF- insulated concrete forms. These homes are rated 200mph. There structural steel reinforced insulated concrete walls. They run a hi r-value, they are soundproof, blast proof. They are many of these going in Al. Ms. and La. Also Fl.

Not sure if I can post a web-site here but here goes. Moderator cut: ad
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House