Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2015, 07:30 AM

470 posts, read 1,278,471 times

Advertisements

So I want to build an outdoor kitchen, Nothing with plumbing but a L shaped work surface with cabinets with my existing freestanding grill incorporated plus my Big Green egg. My question is, when my grill dies and I need to purchase another one - What do I do about replacing my grill when I designed my L shaped outdoor kitchen around it? are there standard grill dimensions that I need to go by?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2015, 08:15 AM

17,475 posts, read 66,054,754 times
No.
So, the best thing is to "incorporate" on one end or the other.

Or, if you put the grill within the long section put the sections on casters so you can "adjust" the width of the opening.

Old 06-14-2015, 10:14 AM

5,717 posts, read 18,925,997 times
WE had a client that wanted an outdoor kitchen on his 3500 sq ft one story. We designed a nice 1100 sq ft covered patio for him, put the cooking wall on the exterior wall, we got the cabinetry and located it like he wanted so it fit his stainless grill. Then we attached the cabinets that were mounted on casters to the wall with latches like you would see on a tool box. It turned out a lot more solid than I thought it would be. With a setup like that you can clean behind it, spray for bugs, and generally move it where you want it. And it gets the cabinetry off of the concrete which makes it a lot more weather proof not to mention if a blowing rain is an issue, just unsnap it and move in towards the house out of the rain. For this client, we also ran a gas line for him from his house propane tank to the grille location. It allow him to use his house propane instead of the small tanks that are always empty at the wrong time. He can still use them but has the convenience of a 1000 gallon tank. Turned out a lot better than I thought it would.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House