U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 07:10 AM

8 posts, read 42,414 times

Advertisements

Yesterday morning no water was coming from my shower head all other faucet and shower was working fine.after 3 to 4 hour it started working.Anyone experienced this kind of situation?Any suggestion ?
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2008, 07:14 AM

95 posts, read 343,370 times
Is your water heater in the attic? Did you get cold water but no hot? You might want to insulate the pipes going into the water heater. I just read about a guy who had no hot water and looked in his attic at his water heater and saw that the pipe insulator feel off. He pumped up the heat and left the attic door open and in thirty minutes he had hot water.
I am no plumber you could have other problems.

Old 01-22-2008, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKNHomePro View Post
Is your water heater in the attic? Did you get cold water but no hot? You might want to insulate the pipes going into the water heater. I just read about a guy who had no hot water and looked in his attic at his water heater and saw that the pipe insulator feel off. He pumped up the heat and left the attic door open and in thirty minutes he had hot water.
I am no plumber you could have other problems.
My water heater is in garage and there was no water coming just dripping.(No hot /cold water was coming)
Thanks.

Old 01-22-2008, 07:38 AM

It might be frozen from your main to your house. Or they shut of the water to the neighborhood. Call you water company.

Old 01-22-2008, 07:54 AM

only my masterbath shower was not working .all other faucet in masterbath and rest of home was working fine problem was just master bath shower.

Old 01-22-2008, 08:19 AM

Strange. Does the knobs face the outside wall? You got me!?!?! Showers are over rated anyways j/k!!

Old 01-22-2008, 08:32 AM

9,088 posts, read 8,122,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moosy View Post
Yesterday morning no water was coming from my shower head all other faucet and shower was working fine.after 3 to 4 hour it started working.Anyone experienced this kind of situation?Any suggestion ?
Thanks
If the water came back on then the pipe (probably in the garage froze). We had it happen a few weeks ago..idiot me left the garage door open

Old 01-22-2008, 09:35 AM

392 posts, read 1,047,738 times
I thinking along the lines of LKN in wondering...are the pipes that feed the shower in a cold exterior wall? If so, that might be the cause. If such is the case, until you can remedy in another way, you might want to let the shower drip into a bucket on the coldest nights. Use the water to fill the washing machine the next day or something. Less expensive than having to do a plumbing repair, especially if the busted pipes are in a wall.

Or, are the pipes that feed the shower coming up from a crawl space? If so, check to see that there are no open crawl space vents near the pipes. Cold air coming in one of those near the pipes could be the culprit if that is the case.

Old 01-22-2008, 10:21 AM

Thank u all for ur reply.pipe that goes to shower is located in exterior wall of garage.One last silly question how come i know there is no pipe damage?

Old 01-22-2008, 11:02 AM

20,793 posts, read 51,387,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moosy View Post
Thank u all for ur reply.pipe that goes to shower is located in exterior wall of garage.One last silly question how come i know there is no pipe damage?

It sounds like the pipe to the shower froze. You need to get into the plumbing access to make sure you don't have damage. You could have a small hole and it could be leaking, just not enough yet so you can see it. You will also want to get some inslulation around that pipe so you don't have this problem in the future. Get some foam pipe insulation and some fiberglass stuff and get that taken care of ASAP. Keeping your bathroom warm will help some too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House