Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 11:03 PM

692 posts, read 3,141,304 times

Advertisements

The fact is, your body only requires pure H2o. Not H2o with any number of inorganic minerals and other not so delightful poisonous and destructive tidbits.
If you collect rain water, it is distilled courtesy of Mother Nature but the question is, has it been contaminated by air pollution? If it fallls to the ground it can also become contaminated. The list of possibles goes on and on.

That is why I say if you care about your health enough, you will make an honest attempt to at least clean up your drinking water at the tap, and I don't mean buying bottled water in questionable plastic bottles either.

Get the minerals you need in your diet from organic sources like real food.
Plants convert the inorganic minerals in the ground to organic minerals and that is where you should get them not from the water.

P.S. Driller,

You say you have good water......
Have an inexpensive conductance test taken that measures the total disolved solids in you water supply. That is only one simple test but will qualify the hardness for a reference point.
Hardness = high inorganic mineral content.

Silverfox
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2008, 06:01 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,329,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfox View Post
The fact is, your body only requires pure H2o. Not H2o with any number of inorganic minerals and other not so delightful poisonous and destructive tidbits.
If you collect rain water, it is distilled courtesy of Mother Nature but the question is, has it been contaminated by air pollution? If it fallls to the ground it can also become contaminated. The list of possibles goes on and on.

That is why I say if you care about your health enough, you will make an honest attempt to at least clean up your drinking water at the tap, and I don't mean buying bottled water in questionable plastic bottles either.

Get the minerals you need in your diet from organic sources like real food.
Plants convert the inorganic minerals in the ground to organic minerals and that is where you should get them not from the water.

P.S. Driller,

You say you have good water......
Have an inexpensive conductance test taken that measures the total disolved solids in you water supply. That is only one simple test but will qualify the hardness for a reference point.
Hardness = high inorganic mineral content.

Silverfox
Yes, I have. Silverfox, you must really fear city water. Do you ever eat in city restaurants????

Old 05-19-2008, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Yes, I have. Silverfox, you must really fear city water. Do you ever eat in city restaurants????
Driller,

Oh yes I do eat occasionally in city restaurants but pick what I eat carefully.
I do not drink water other than my own unless I have to, which does happen on ocassion. I carry my water container with me in my vehicle when I am on the go in a safe noncontaminating container.
Why talk the talk if you aren't willing to walk the walk.
I don't consider myself and extremist... just an individual that makes an honest attempt to be as healthy as possible.
At 72 years young I feel my personal habits have paid off, as I am very healthly, totally flexible, clear thinking, and pain free. I think the proof is in the "puddin"
The overall effects of your drinking water will manifest themselves over time.
I don't worry about an occasional drink from a lower quality source, it's what happens to your body over the longer term.
I would always choose surface water to ground water for drinking. Even if it isn't perfect, it most often is much easier and cheaper to clean up.
Unfortunately in some areas most drinking water comes from the ground.
I guess you could say I prefer to drink upstream.

Silverfox

Old 05-19-2008, 09:35 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
Silverfox- do you have any idea what the bears are doing in the watershed upstream of your source. Yeah, that is what they are doing.

Most American city water is of excellent quality and the source of the Reverse Osmosis processed bottled water in the country. I simply do not worry about my drinking water so long as it has tested bacteria free. We use a groundwater sourced supply with moderate hardness that is not worth treating. The only problem is the water heater fill up with calcium carbonate after 15 years or so and has to be replaced. I just wish we had plastic cased wells (good idea Driller 1) so the iron content of the water (slight stain on sinks) would be eliminated. Otherwise it is great.

Old 05-19-2008, 10:23 AM

All due respect Greg,

I clean up my water at the tap, not where the Bears are. Drinking upstream just refers to all the added pollution that enters as it moves down to the mouth.
I don't care about my water heater filling up with Calcium Carbonate, I flush it once a year to reduce that problem.

It's my Body I'm concerned with......It's not replaceable every 15 years.
Some people give their replaceable cars more loving care and maintanance than there irreplaceably bodies.

Your entitled to not worry about your water if you are comfortable with it,
and I am entitled to worry about my body and my health if I am not comfortable with the water supply.
The effects of highly mineralized water don't have to kill you. They can and will make you very miserable as you drink it and age.

I would highly recommend to anybody that is interested and so inclined, to read the following book on Water.

"The Shocking Truth About Water" written by;

Patricia Bragg Ph.D.
Paul C. Bragg N.D. Ph.D

Health Science

It will outline the "real facts" for you.

You can call your library to see if they still have it or Google the Authors names for more info.

I am just pointing out the results of my research/feelings, and the results I have had so far by following my own advice.

To each their own.......

Don't just live long...Live pain free as well.
Water is not the only factor in good health, but it plays a large roll in the big picture.

Silverfox

Last edited by silverfox; 05-19-2008 at 10:44 AM..

Old 05-19-2008, 10:26 AM

Quote:
All due respect Greg,

I clean up my water at the tap, not where the Bears are. Drinking upstream just refers to all the added pollution that enters as it moves down to the mouth.
I don't care about my water heater filling up with Calcium Carbonate, I flush it once a year to reduce that problem.
It's my Body I'm concerned with......It's not replaceable every 15 years.

Your entitled to not worry about your water if you are comfortable with it,
and I am entitled to worry about my body and my health if I am not comfortable with the water supply.
The effects of highly mineralized water don't have to kill you. They can and will make you very miserable as you drink it and age.

I would highly recommend to anybody that is interested and so inclined to read the following book on Water.

"The Shocking Truth About Water" written by;

Patricia Bragg Ph.D.
Paul C. Bragg N.D. Ph.D

Health Science

It will outline the real facts for you.

You can call your library to see if they still have it or Google the Authors names for more info.

I am just pointing out my results of my research and feelings, and the results I have had so far by following my own advice.

To each their own.......

Don't just live long...Live pain free as well.

Silverfox
I drill test bore holes in Michigan for the DEQ. There is no problem with the aquifers in Michigan.

Old 05-19-2008, 10:58 AM

Quote:
I drill test bore holes in Michigan for the DEQ. There is no problem with the aquifers in Michigan.
Thats Great Driller, but everybody does not live in Michigan. Talk with the people in Arizona, New Mexico, and many other areas where they have terrible city water.
Most are forced to drink Commercially Bottled Water or clean it up themselves.
This subject is one that every individual has an opinion, and it won't make one bit of difference to me if you want to drink Sea Water.
IMO, my points are factual and any person wanting to improve or maintain their health should learn more about the water they take into their bodies everyday of their life.

Read the book and then we will talk.

Silverfox

Old 05-19-2008, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Thats Great Driller, but everybody does not live in Michigan. Talk with the people in Arizona, New Mexico, and many other areas where they have terrible city water.
Most are forced to drink Commercially Bottled Water or clean it up themselves.
This subject is one that every individual has an opinion, and it won't make one bit of difference to me if you want to drink Sea Water.
IMO, my points are factual and any person wanting to improve or maintain their health should learn more about the water they take into their bodies everyday of their life.

Read the book and then we will talk.

Silverfox
City water is a "horse of a different color". Look in the local news papers. They will print the data. They treat it, they do not clean it. Look at the acceptable levels of bacteria. I am referring to well water in above posts.

Old 05-19-2008, 01:13 PM

Quote:
City water is a "horse of a different color". Look in the local news papers. They will print the data. They treat it, they do not clean it. Look at the acceptable levels of bacteria. I am referring to well water in above posts.
City water is only different in how it is treated and by whom. Many city water systems use ground water or mixtures of ground and surface water depending on what the best choice and availability is at any given time.
Where I live it is a combination so the conductance is relatively low. Easy to clean up to exceptionally high quaility without to much extra expense.
By starting with City quality water, all I have to do is remove 99.8% of the rest of the impurities not counting Bacteria/Viruses and the like. They are taken care of with the city process, or if need be I can add a process that will deal with that too.
City water supplies also have all their additives they put in as well as what ever is in the base water they start with.

It still comes down to the fact that your body only requires "Pure H2o" for optimum performance. Anything more than that is mostly "Garbage" for your system to deal with.

I guess the difference in most peoples opinion is their individual standards and what effort and expenses they are willing to endure if they want to raise those standards.
I have personal friends that are victims of their own decisons in life but can't see where they went wrong. Oh Well it's a free country.

Old 05-19-2008, 02:33 PM

Quote:
City water is only different in how it is treated and by whom. Many city water systems use ground water or mixtures of ground and surface water depending on what the best choice and availability is at any given time.
Where I live it is a combination so the conductance is relatively low. Easy to clean up to exceptionally high quaility without to much extra expense.
By starting with City quality water, all I have to do is remove 99.8% of the rest of the impurities not counting Bacteria/Viruses and the like. They are taken care of with the city process, or if need be I can add a process that will deal with that too.
City water supplies also have all their additives they put in as well as what ever is in the base water they start with.

It still comes down to the fact that your body only requires "Pure H2o" for optimum performance. Anything more than that is mostly "Garbage" for your system to deal with.

I guess the difference in most peoples opinion is their individual standards and what effort and expenses they are willing to endure if they want to raise those standards.
I have personal friends that are victims of their own decisons in life but can't see where they went wrong. Oh Well it's a free country.
We have drilled many municipal wells. The water that I would not want comes from the big lakes, where sewage run off is common. The "additives" covers the e-coli and fecal coliform. Not something I would defiantly think about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House