Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2015, 11:51 AM

583 posts, read 712,429 times

Advertisements

Which one do you have or which do you prefer? I like gas stoves better because when I am through cooking, I can turn it off and not worry about it overcooking my food. I can cook with an electric stove too, but it isn't as exciting. It doesn't give that same experience as the gas stove does. I wonder why the electric stove is so hot (no pun intended, ok maybe a little) anyways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2015, 11:57 AM

22,556 posts, read 47,614,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnaBunney View Post
I can cook with an electric stove too, but it isn't as exciting.
Meh... I don't rely on my stove for excitement!

I actually have had electric for most of my life (including now), so I am comfortable with it.
I can cook on either.

Old 11-09-2015, 12:04 PM

583 posts, read 712,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post

I actually have had electric for most of my life (including now), so I am comfortable with it.
I can cook on either.
I just mean the experience isn't as great, but yes, I can cook on either as well. I prefer gas, even though I've cooked on electric for the most part. The place I have recently moved into has a gas stove. I was happy to see that.

Old 11-09-2015, 12:24 PM

1,399 posts, read 1,798,197 times
I get far better temperature control with gas and the heat seems to be distributed better in the pots and pans. Also those electric stoves remind me of every cheap apartment i have ever lived in

Old 11-09-2015, 12:42 PM

1,365 posts, read 1,883,335 times
Gas! Gas! Gas!

I hate trying to cook on electric. It takes forever to heat up or cool down and it is much more difficult to dial in exactly how much heat you need.

Right now I am looking for a new dual-fuel range so I can have the electric convention oven I love along with the gas cooktop. Piece by piece...

Old 11-09-2015, 12:49 PM

4,510 posts, read 5,048,411 times
Gas ! You can cook when the power is off ! And I prefer a gas oven to an electric because when I make pizzas, the electric doesn't burn off the moisture and it's harder to get a crisp crust (and that's a major thing in my life).

Old 11-09-2015, 12:49 PM

24,204 posts, read 19,191,156 times
I strongly prefer gas burners - for my new construction home, I paid extra for the upgrade to run the gas line to be able to get a gas range. My ideal would be dual fuel as StPaulGal mentioned - an electric oven has some benefits. But since I didn't want to spend the extra money on that, I chose to make the trade off in favor of the gas range since I use the burners pretty much every day, but don't use the oven as frequently.

Old 11-09-2015, 12:53 PM

15,793 posts, read 20,472,889 times
Gas.

Put in the effort to find a home with natural gas for that reason

Old 11-09-2015, 01:06 PM

41,940 posts, read 75,144,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
LMAO -- don't you lead the thrilling life!

I have an electric stove - because there's no gas supply on my street - and don't mind it at all. It took a little time to learn to use it best. It's easier to simmer or otherwise cook on low heat.

But I miss hearing the hiss of gas to let me know when I've left the burner on; can't tell you how many times I've left an electric burner on for hours. But I don't miss a gust of wind from the window across the kitchen blowing out the flame, either.

The coil burners on my stove are a little fragile, but the thing is at least 25 years old and I suspect not too well maintained by previous owners. But I prefer coil burners because I do a lot of canning and have installed a special canning coil on one burner.

So, if I buy a house with a gas supply, a gas stove is great. If I can't have a gas stove, an electric stove is no big deal.

Old 11-09-2015, 01:53 PM

8,079 posts, read 10,070,207 times
Me? Gas.

Her? Electric.

What we own? Induction.

We both love it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House