Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2015, 07:16 PM

374 posts, read 489,378 times

Advertisements

Could you have too much bromine in your system? Are you low in Iodine? Iodine rids the body of bromine and heavy metals, halides and toxins. If so it can result in stains on the pillows, from drooling.
Bromine is a chemical element that is found in many processed food sources such as bread. It is used to make food last longer before going stale and increase the shelf life.
Bromine was actually used during the World Wars to suppress the sexual drive of service men overseas.
Bromine is toxic to the human body and can be somewhat carcinogenic.
Bromine can build up in your body and take over cell iodine receptors because the atomic structure of bromine is so similar to iodine that the human body is mistaken. Eventually there will be nowhere to store this excess of bromine and will result in trying to exit the body, with headaches, stained pillow or other things.

Note: This is not medical advice.
None of the statements in this web site have been evaluated by the FDA.
Furthermore, none of the statements in this post should be construed as dispensing medical advice, making claims regarding the cure of diseases,

You should consult a licensed health care professional in your area if you feel the need to, as I am not your Dr.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2015, 07:22 PM

9,891 posts, read 11,680,035 times
Good pillows wash really well. In fact it kind of rejuvenates them, and fluffs them up. With the oily skin and hair you have, that oil gets into the stuffing as well as on the outside.

You don't need to get new pillows. Just wash in the washing machine. Then run through the dryer.

A lot of people do it every so often, because it makes the pillows nicer and fluffier.

Old 11-21-2015, 07:24 PM

4,977 posts, read 5,722,543 times
I've washed pillows...they never turn out well. So I end up tossing them onto the floor for the dog to use until they get too covered in hair and then I throw them out.

Pillows are cheap....well, ok, not exactly expensive. Considering you spend 1/3 of your life sleeping, you should have a good pillow. I personally purchase a new pillow about once a year. I also use pillow protectors and a case, AND I wash my hair every other day (it's not excessively oily and I never use any products in my hair, so it stays pretty clean).

Old 11-21-2015, 07:25 PM

153 posts, read 241,989 times
Well if you look at the picture of the pillow, it looks a lot worst than it is. Its not only yellow but brownish. I'm also curious but if you go to a laundromat and have them wash a pillow, would they have a look of disgust on it if they see the condition of the pillow? Then again people only wash pillows when they are dirty right?

The thing is i don't know of any self service laundry places here... where i am at now... basically most places you go and drop laundry and pick it up later.

The thing is i don't want to have the pillow washed only to have it looking like it does right now... otherwise it would be a waste.

Old 11-21-2015, 07:29 PM

Alright most likely going to get a new pillow. However would you say best to avoid the same pillow i bought then and get a different brand? When i first noticed i pillow was very dirty,i bought this pillow less than one month ago and this happened yet again.

I'm wondering if there is possibility that this exact brand/style is the reason for this. I do like it because it says firm on it.

Old 11-21-2015, 07:36 PM

2,709 posts, read 2,265,988 times
Jerry600, my man, I didn't think it was possible, but you have 94 posts and 11 rep points. 11!! Considering you start off with 10 after your first post, you have 1 rep for 93 posts! ONE! UNO! You could post a smile face 93 times and get more reps.

Seriously dude, get it together!

Old 11-21-2015, 08:25 PM

1,650 posts, read 3,780,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry600 View Post
Alright most likely going to get a new pillow. However would you say best to avoid the same pillow i bought then and get a different brand? When i first noticed i pillow was very dirty,i bought this pillow less than one month ago and this happened yet again.

I'm wondering if there is possibility that this exact brand/style is the reason for this. I do like it because it says firm on it.
The problem is not the pillow, its your hygiene. Take a shower, man!
And use a cotton pillow protector under your pillow case that you can wash periodically.

This thread is gross.

Old 11-21-2015, 08:29 PM

50 posts, read 65,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry600 View Post

If I was in your position.. here is what I'd do. Throw that pillow out. Not worth cleaning it. Then on Black Friday, go out and buy yourself new pillows. Kohls has standard pillows on sale for $3. That's cheaper than taking your old one to the laundromat to self wash and dry with no guarantees it'll come out completely white. At $3 each, you could buy twelve so you'll have a new one for each month of the year.

Old 11-21-2015, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d2mini View Post
The problem is not the pillow, its your hygiene. Take a shower, man!
And use a cotton pillow protector under your pillow case that you can wash periodically.

This thread is gross.

I take a shower everyday. Its just that i wash my hair usually once a week but sometimes it might be close to once every 2 weeks.

However... i always been like this. So if this is the case, why didn't my previous pillows turn yellow then?

Old 11-21-2015, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvrsummer View Post
If I was in your position.. here is what I'd do. Throw that pillow out. Not worth cleaning it. Then on Black Friday, go out and buy yourself new pillows. Kohls has standard pillows on sale for $3. That's cheaper than taking your old one to the laundromat to self wash and dry with no guarantees it'll come out completely white. At $3 each, you could buy twelve so you'll have a new one for each month of the year.

I'm not in the usa at the moment. I dont have an issue buying a new pillow but obviously i was wondering how could my pillow turn like this after just 1 month when i bought a new one.

Thus i wondered is this going to happen again in 1 month which is why im thinking about avoiding that pillow brand/style that i got twice already.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House