Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 12:29 PM

7,573 posts, read 10,616,494 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drouzin View Post
Haunted Toilet:

After a couple of months went by she finally let the cat out of the bag. It seems that the toilet kept flushing by itself!
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee109/jeannie216/cats-2-1.gif (broken link)

Please forgive me, I couldn't resist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2008, 12:58 PM

1,641 posts, read 5,023,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeannie216 View Post
Priceless!

Old 02-08-2008, 07:51 AM

1,127 posts, read 5,008,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeannie216 View Post

Please forgive me, I couldn't resist.
Awww too cute! I should have known it was Mom's cat the whole time!

Old 08-15-2008, 03:52 PM

102 posts, read 350,175 times
Yes, it's a demon from the lower pits of Hell!!! Get out while you can!
Just kidding. It's probably something normal. I hear noises all the time in my house, especially when I'm alone. All houses seem to make noises that can sound like someone walking around. One time when I was alone I thought I heard someone walking around in the basement and then coming up the stairs, but apparently there was no one there. Do you have any pets?
My cat can be unbelievably loud when she walks up the stairs because of her weight. I hope this makes you feel better. I would say your house isn't haunted if nothing happened there that would give someone a reason to haunt the house after death.

Old 08-20-2008, 08:15 PM

24,508 posts, read 33,295,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandycat View Post
Ok, so why am I hearing weird noises upstairs when I'm downstairs? Sometimes sounds like a foot step, sometimes a clang.

What types of noises do houses make? I'm starting to get a little freaked out.
It may be haunted. You could try taking some photos and see if any strange images appear. Or put something up there, like a can of soup or a roll of paper towels and see if they move during the night.

But if you see any figures like these, run! (Fast):

Old 08-20-2008, 08:32 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,498,811 times
Get it blessed by a priest - just in case....

Old 08-20-2008, 08:50 PM

3,631 posts, read 14,549,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoaminRed View Post
To the OP...I live in a murder house, and sleep in the very room where the act occurred, and have had nothing bad or scary happen to me...

...so no, I don't think your house is haunted.
I bet you got a good deal on that one! I am not screwy about ghosts and I even work a cadaver dog but would have a hard time living in a room where a murder occured.

Old 08-20-2008, 08:52 PM
bjh

60,055 posts, read 30,368,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoaminRed View Post
A few months before I bought the house. This is actually the second murder house I've owned. They tend to be a bit cheaper than comparable houses.

Do you seek these houses out for the price difference?

Or was it just coincidence?

Old 08-20-2008, 11:01 PM

2,769 posts, read 7,232,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairfax Mom View Post
Get it blessed by a priest - just in case....
I would suggest the same thing, but to the OP understand that blessing a home is not an exorcism or anything like that. It's more of an invitation to Christ to enter your home and bless it with his presence.

Old 08-21-2008, 07:29 AM

22 posts, read 57,988 times
Well I believe we live in an haunted house; the ghost a 1st grader who died of cancer. We, like the original poster heard the cliche noises of an ghostly vistor e.g. the footsteps, and all that stuff. We wrote it off as the setting of an older ( not that old though) house. That was intill things started to fly off the table and counters. For example I put my car keys in a bowl in the middle of the kitchen table, just as I picked my school bag up off the floor, the keys came flying towards my feet I'd look up and there was no one there. Stuff like that has probally happened about 6 times in total. We also had problems with electronics turning themself on and off, the light also doing the same thing . Also strange shadows, like when I was at the computer, and I thought that some one was behind me, And I was the only one home. You know what I mean? like when someone is peering over your shoulder, to see the computer screen, and you can see their shadow on the screen, that what happen to me, though I was the only one there.
We come to accept it as an ghost, but it is not a big deal and we go about our life, , if anything it just a minor inconvience, plus make the house a bit more unique.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House