Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2017, 06:51 AM

6,009 posts, read 6,606,108 times

Advertisements

The answer is very simple.... Don't let the grass get tall enough that it becomes an eyesore to your neighbor. Keep it trimmed when you mow your lawn and he won't feel the need to have to do it himself. My recommendation would be to talk to the neighbor and just let him know that you will tend to that side of the fence since it sits inside your property line so that he doesn't have to. Then follow through with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2017, 12:25 PM

1,899 posts, read 3,935,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by risheppard View Post
I am 1foot from property line ,this neighbor keeps mowing and weed wacking my pvc fence,what should i do, i am very afraid of him!
You've peaked my interest. Why are you afraid of him?

You can't say that and leave us hanging.

Old 08-13-2017, 12:38 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,221,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K'ledgeBldr View Post
If you're saying your fence is inside the property line by one foot and your neighbor is taking it upon himself to mow/maintain that area/strip- "don't look a gift horse in the mouth!".

But, you could say "thank you" for maintaining the area and ask to be a little more forgiving of the fence- ITS THAT EASY! If you get resistance, just let him know that you will be sure to keep the area maintained- and do it!

See, I'd GLADLY let my neighbor maintain it himself...here you say it like a threat "if resistance, let him know that you'll do it!". Fine - have at it! Without the fence there I'd not have to trim ANYTHING. Yeah, I'd doing his work for him and if he doesn't like, then he can do it.

People with fences have already made the decision not to be neighborly...and as such, tell me how many actually maintain BOTH sides of their fence?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuplifting View Post
Thanks for positive information and responding to my post. As for the negative folks replies, my fence is made of cedar and on my property, my neighbor is just spending more than enough time grinding into my wood fence with his weed wacker, not just trimming the grass but allowing the wacker to slowly grind the woodat the base ground level making an approximate one inch gap between the ground and the bottom of my fence. I think I'll install some 6 inch high sheet metal along his side of my fence, that will look real nice!!!
Nice...what's a little sheet metal? Cedar fences allowed to "age to a silvery gray" are UGLY. If you can't even be bothered to stain it every few years I'd be shocked if you actually trimmed both sides. Adding some sheet metal is no skin off my nose. But if you are okay with putting that up why can't you trim it?

Old 08-14-2017, 03:16 AM

23,155 posts, read 26,070,302 times
Round Up under the fence plus a few inches. You can do that from your side of the fence then he can just mow and not have to trim.

Old 04-14-2019, 07:01 PM

1 posts, read 1,254 times
Default Round-Up is your choice???

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxyhi View Post
This is my answer.
If you don't know what RoundUP is, it's a strong weed killer that will kill anything in it's path! Find it at Lowe's, Home Depot, etc.

[url=http://www.lowes.com/pd_17139-446-5725010___?productId=3082967&pl=1&Ntt=roundup]Shop Roundup Pump-N-Go 170.24-oz Extended Control Weed and Grass Killer Plus Preventer Pump 'N Go at Lowes.com[/url]

fairly cheap too, compared to fixing your fence!

[url]https://www.foxnews.com/health/can-using-weed-killer-give-you-cancer[/url]

[url]https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/14/health/us-glyphosate-cancer-study-scli-intl/index.html[/url]

My son is a chemical engineer, just keep this in mind every time you use this product or walk by it in the store. I am a survivor of cancer.

Old 04-14-2019, 07:36 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,597,657 times
Roundup is a known carcinogen.

Old 04-14-2019, 08:00 PM

18,933 posts, read 43,293,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
No it’s not. The WHO lists it as a “probable” carcinogen, meaning they are guessing and don’t know for sure.

Old 04-15-2019, 01:20 AM

22,945 posts, read 18,241,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
There are numerous formulations of "Roundup". The other ingredients included in the formulations may actually be potential carcinogens, not the glyphosate itself. Surfactants and other additives all affect it. The recent court cases involved people who were applying this class of herbicides at commercial/agricultural concentrations over years, not the products private homeowners use. They aren't even available to residential consumers. There's a huge difference in degree of exposure. Does it make logical sense to minimize use of pesticides? Of course it does! If you want to be an informed consumer at least read the available information in context and use your skepticism. Wasn't there another closed thread about the same topic?

Old 04-15-2019, 08:07 AM

6,345 posts, read 4,080,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuplifting View Post
I need some advice about my neighbor who weed wacks the bottom of my fence which is within my property line and is slowly destroying the bottom portion of my fence. I paid for the fence entirely, he weed wacks the grass on his side of my fence. I want to be civil and resolve this, can any body give me some sound possibly legal advice?
Purchase a 4 or 6 inch pvc lawn edging material and secure it to the bottom of the fence on his side. That will protect the wood from being damaged.

Old 04-15-2019, 10:28 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,502,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garden Crazy View Post
https://www.foxnews.com/health/can-u...ive-you-cancer

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/14/healt...ntl/index.html

My son is a chemical engineer, just keep this in mind every time you use this product or walk by it in the store. I am a survivor of cancer.
does your son study roundup specifically? did you get cancer from roundup?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House