Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2016, 03:57 PM

4,977 posts, read 5,763,082 times

Advertisements

A place for everything and everything in its place.

In other words, put it away when you are finished with it, and next time, you will know where it is.

Sounds like you get lazy and just "plop" things down wherever and then can't find them among your mess...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2016, 06:08 PM

23,656 posts, read 13,961,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachSalsa View Post
A place for everything and everything in its place.

In other words, put it away when you are finished with it, and next time, you will know where it is.

Sounds like you get lazy and just "plop" things down wherever and then can't find them among your mess...
Perhaps true.....but have I not come to this forum looking for ways to correct such?

Old 03-05-2016, 06:38 PM

6,039 posts, read 6,050,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Perhaps true.....but have I not come to this forum looking for ways to correct such?
Yes, and have had an excuse why every suggestion wouldn't work for you.

Old 03-05-2016, 06:40 PM

4,977 posts, read 5,763,082 times
Quote:
I don't know....have you?

If so, determine a storage place. ALWAYS put the things that belong there done as soon as you done using them.

Old 03-05-2016, 11:34 PM

28,660 posts, read 18,761,634 times
I have a shelf where there are two wide-spaced power bars. All my battery chargers and extra batteries are in that one location all the time. Whether I used the batteries or not, I flip the bars on for a couple of hours each week.

Old 03-06-2016, 05:28 AM

5,114 posts, read 6,083,237 times
We recently bought several surge suppressor/outlet/USBcharging ports that plug directly over wall outlets at Sams Club. They are working well so far.

Old 03-06-2016, 06:08 AM

3,776 posts, read 2,679,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
(As a bonus, the dumb*ss who installed every single one of our outlets placed them upside down, so I always have to stop and turn the plug over to fit.)
If all your receptacles are all that way, why do you continue to hold the cord in the wrong direction?

This issue is one that electricians argue over on electrical forums. There is no right way. I'm used to the "face" orientation, but I can see lots of good arguments for the ground on top, e.g. it looks less like a face, so kids are less likely to probe...

Kitchens and baths now tend to have the receptacles horizontal, which I like...

Old 03-06-2016, 10:04 AM

23,656 posts, read 13,961,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elhelmete View Post
Yes, and have had an excuse why every suggestion wouldn't work for you.
Not an excuse but just illustrating that conditions of my life. What may work in the life of another does not necessarily work in mine......or perhaps another.

FOR EXAMPLE, right now my life is in a something of a transition as I go through boxes from the move, determine what I need now, what I need overall, and what I can get rid of.........all while trying to live something of the day to day life while trying to build a house.

Now, perhaps I might put the charger in the drawer of a desk that is currently sitting used for other than a desk (one drawer is loaded with stocking stuffers) or in a dinner linen cabinet. Something that will get them out of the way of the turmoil. Desk wise, that is immediately workable even though it does challenge the "out of sight....out of memory" concept. Eventually, though, they would be jumbled out of that drawer for two reasons. First of all, desks should be used for desk things such as papers and writing. Long story short, my life is so isolated, so out of the norm, that I constantly try to norm it to some degree by using, doing things in a traditional way.

Now, of course, I could get a desk to store things in. Those things can be cheap! Ie, Free vintage desk
That, however, comes down to reason two. I seem to have a desk compulsion and I think 4 of them, 3 with drawers, one standing, are enough.

So for right now, putting the charger in a room with an outlet that isn't used much seems to be the answer.

Old 03-06-2016, 10:43 AM

6,039 posts, read 6,050,246 times
Quote:
Not an excuse but just illustrating that conditions of my life. What may work in the life of another does not necessarily work in mine......or perhaps another.

FOR EXAMPLE, right now my life is in a something of a transition as I go through boxes from the move, determine what I need now, what I need overall, and what I can get rid of.........all while trying to live something of the day to day life while trying to build a house.

Now, perhaps I might put the charger in the drawer of a desk that is currently sitting used for other than a desk (one drawer is loaded with stocking stuffers) or in a dinner linen cabinet. Something that will get them out of the way of the turmoil. Desk wise, that is immediately workable even though it does challenge the "out of sight....out of memory" concept. Eventually, though, they would be jumbled out of that drawer for two reasons. First of all, desks should be used for desk things such as papers and writing. Long story short, my life is so isolated, so out of the norm, that I constantly try to norm it to some degree by using, doing things in a traditional way.

Now, of course, I could get a desk to store things in. Those things can be cheap! Ie, Free vintage desk
That, however, comes down to reason two. I seem to have a desk compulsion and I think 4 of them, 3 with drawers, one standing, are enough.

So for right now, putting the charger in a room with an outlet that isn't used much seems to be the answer.
I rest my case.

Old 03-06-2016, 11:38 AM

3,205 posts, read 2,620,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
I can't figure out what the point is
I believe it is a cautionary tale about cats being antropomorphised and allowed to make decisions for the nominal 'owner', who then becomes the 'owned'.

Oh, and something about cords...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House