Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2016, 06:46 PM

17,475 posts, read 66,054,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moved View Post
Since 99% of your threads are all about dirt and how you hate to clean, you have two choices:

Either learn to clean up after yourself, or hire a housekeeper.
There is a third choice- seek help from a psychologist!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2016, 07:40 PM

9,145 posts, read 14,766,326 times
White Vinegar is a good thing to clean stains on pots I've found. Doesn't work on everything, but the mild acid will take the film off stainless with ease and might help yours.

Old 04-07-2016, 07:57 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Also Mr Clean Magic Eraser

Old 04-07-2016, 08:29 PM

1,884 posts, read 3,033,973 times
And try scrubbing it with comet and a dobbie scrubber. It has built up residue that will come off.

No, not everyone's pots look like that. We clean our pots at my house...even the 12 year old kids would not accept that as clean.

Scrub it!

And keep the dishes clean and the fruit put away and you will not have the flies--they are there because they are laying eggs on something that is growing into maggots then flies. How many fly eggs and maggots are you eating each day?

YUCK!

Old 04-07-2016, 08:36 PM

318 posts, read 372,744 times
Dirty pillow, yellow tee shirts, washed leather, moldy toilet.

Sorry for ragging on you OP but this is why kids should be taught how to clean properly at a young age and pitch in. Sadly while we think you are asking simple questions most should know by 14 you are not alone, not by far. I knew someone who in his late 20's didn't realize dawn is not for the dishwasher or how to wash laundry (mommy still does it). each year at the campus there were always overflows and fires from kids who didn't know how to make KD or heat a can of zoodles, wash laundry or dishes.

anyway. I don't have enamel ware (I own stainless) but there's a cleaner that gets years of ick of pots and pans. used it was fab results when I made a second hand but pricey set look brand new. if you have stainless pots, this works wonders. Eco products that workMore green cleaning choices » Eco products that work

The pot in the photo- a shop that sells these types of pots and get their recommendation of how to care and clean them.

Old 04-07-2016, 09:05 PM

15,129 posts, read 32,326,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K'ledgeBldr View Post
There is a third choice- seek help from a psychologist!
I didn't think about that one!

Old 04-08-2016, 05:04 AM

4,861 posts, read 2,673,519 times
note to self-----never go over to nasty Jerry's house for dinner.

Old 04-08-2016, 05:10 AM

8,869 posts, read 16,319,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry600 View Post
... I assume everyones pots is a bit like this? The last 3 pics where you see the yellowish...
Ah, no.

Old 04-08-2016, 05:12 AM

8,869 posts, read 16,319,598 times
Is this the same OP who has never cleaned his washing machine?

Old 04-08-2016, 07:05 AM

11,495 posts, read 26,875,485 times
You can scrub the inside of the pot with baking soda. Sprinkle some into the dry pan, add a couple drops of water to make a paste, and scrub with a paper towel until the stains are gone. You may have to repeat it a few times. My mom used pans that were white on the inside and outside, I think they were the older Corningware pans. Anyhow, they weren't considered clean until they were perfectly white, inside and out, and we couldn't use bleach or cleanser on them, so we used baking soda.

I think the Mr. Clean eraser would work too, just be sure to wash it very well after that.

I haven't seen all your threads about cleaning, but I just wanted to say that you can teach yourself a good cleaning routine. Make a checklist to be done every day and one to be done one day a week. For example, on the daily checklist would be washing dishes, wiping counters in kitchen and bathroom, emptying trash if full, and sweeping the kitchen floor. On the weekly checklist would be laundry, changing sheets, vacuuming and mopping, dusting, clearing clutter and cleaning the bathroom. Tell yourself the daily list has to be done before you can go to bed and the weekly list has to be done on your day off from work, before you can do anything fun. It's only bad if you're not keeping up with it. If you're cleaning regularly, then there's not much to do and it's pretty quick...maybe 30 minutes each day and three hours on the day you do the bigger cleaning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House