Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2016, 06:18 PM

2,054 posts, read 3,340,178 times

Advertisements

OK, I'm going to go w/ the Bora Care in 30 days since the info I get on Phantom's residual effectiveness is contradictory on different websites. I was going to make my own, but the ethylene glycol part is pretty toxic, and it's not that expensive for a gallon to do the whole house ($40 to $60). It's the glycol that helps the chemical penetrate into the wood I believe.

One thing I forgot about was the furniture! Today I turned over a couple of chairs and there was some wood dust under there, so tomorrow I'll take them outside and spray them down real well w/ some Bonide spray termite killer that I have, and when the Bora Care arrives I'll give them a liberal coating underneath w/ that. Here's a website that explains how to make your own Bora Care and Timbor insecticides if anyone feels like it

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...are-amp-timbor
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2016, 08:00 AM

15,793 posts, read 20,472,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smarino View Post
I looked at the Boracare and like the looks of it, especially since it's not toxic to me, just the bugs. Thanks for the suggestion. It sounds like a messy application because it's apparently very thick and hard to mix and spray, but it has extremely long lasting capabilities.

It's not that bad. I've used it a few times as a treatment, and a preventative.

Basically, you need the boracare, a 1 gallon sprayer, a paint mixer and a drill, and a measuring cup and mixing pail.

I do a 1:1 ratio. I measure off an amount of HOT water and pour it into the mixing pail. I then measure out an amount of Boracare and pour that into the HOT water while running the drill and paint mixer. Pour it slow allowing the paint mixer to do the job. The key is to use hot water which the boracare will then mix into quite easily.

After you've mixed it, it's now pretty much an easy to manage liquid. Pour it into a sprayer and begin treatment. I ran a dehumidifier in my basement (where I was treating) to handle the evaporating water I was spraying around.

Make sure you spray only wood as any overspray will dry into a sticky residue. You can wipe it off later with a rag and HOT water. I did my entire basement treating the wood around the edge of the foundation, and about 16" of joists near the foundation. This was for subterranean termites that live in the dirt and travel up into houses to feed. I bought two gallons of it to do my entire house, and parts of my deck and shed near the ground. I did two treatments (for no real reason other than I had extra left after the first time).

I also treated with Termidor, but again, those are for subterranean termites so it's a different application than your drywood termites.

But I think I spent $~150 for all the chemicals (off Amazon), and did it in an afternoon. I read up on making your own, but don' have the time for that plus didn't want to "cook antifreeze" in my house. So far I haven't seen signs of them returning. (knock on wood)

Old 08-17-2018, 05:24 AM

1 posts, read 372 times
Default termite solution protect ur house

Hello all members
I m solve a problem & protect ur house

Protecting Your Home

The most ideal approach to shield your home from the outside is to review it with the eyes of a robber. On the off chance that you can without much of a stretch tell that a window could be pried open, a cheat will have the capacity to arrive at a similar conclusion. You can even contact your neighborhood police division and they'll give an affability home evaluation that can enable you to recognize your home's powerless spots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House