U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 03:46 PM

324 posts, read 671,154 times

Advertisements

What is the chore you hate the most? What is the one that you don't mind doing because it is so easy?

I hate cleaning the bathroom...it just takes so long and I never feel like I got it clean enough. Plus, my back starts to hurt from leaning over and scrubbing.

The one I mind the least is vacuuming. I just break out the Oreck and it is done in just a couple minutes and it makes such a difference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2008, 04:15 PM

35,885 posts, read 65,265,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic View Post
What is the chore you hate the most? What is the one that you don't mind doing because it is so easy?

I hate cleaning the bathroom...it just takes so long and I never feel like I got it clean enough. Plus, my back starts to hurt from leaning over and scrubbing.

The one I mind the least is vacuuming. I just break out the Oreck and it is done in just a couple minutes and it makes such a difference.
Worst - cleaning bathroom, b/c yes, it makes my back hurt. But I have learned some short cuts and techniques that have helped me get thru/ it better.

Easiest - and chore I like - doing the laundry. So nice to wash things and then dry them and fold them all nice and neatly, LOL.

Vacuuming - well in the middle of the floor, I like it. But my problem is getting around furniture and under things and on baseboards. Then it turns into a backbreaking effort. So even tho I find it very satisfying to see things cleaned up and dust gone, it is hard work for me and hard on my back.

Hate to do windows b/c this is tedious and takes me a long time to do each of the small panes on each window.

Old 02-14-2008, 04:34 PM

1,917 posts, read 4,225,788 times
I will do anything...but I hate washing dishes!

Old 02-14-2008, 04:57 PM

3,021 posts, read 9,921,129 times
Most hated chore: Raking leaves! Especially if it rained recently & the leaves are still wet & heavy & cold & slimey and ... blech!

Favorite chore: Does cooking count?

Old 02-14-2008, 05:50 PM

24,843 posts, read 31,253,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSteel View Post
Most hated chore: Raking leaves! Especially if it rained recently & the leaves are still wet & heavy & cold & slimey and ... blech!

Favorite chore: Does cooking count?
Cooking counts, it is my most hated, hubby does most of it.

I like doing laundry.

Old 02-14-2008, 06:13 PM

34,549 posts, read 42,724,437 times
I hate cleaning out the refrigerator.

I kind of like ironing. You take something all wrinkled up and make it look good. Satisfying. I also like cooking a yummy dinner and setting the table and making it look pretty.

Old 02-14-2008, 06:17 PM

877 posts, read 2,356,057 times
Easiest is laundry...for me it feels like it does itself other than the folding of course and I love the scent of Tide and Downy....ahh...love it.

Least favorite has to be dusting...I detest it, moving all the stuff and putting them back...I hate anything to do with the outdoors which is why I bought a townhome...

Old 02-14-2008, 06:40 PM

11,961 posts, read 12,433,936 times
The most vile odious chore I've ever done is clean out a grease trap for a sink. I got to intimately know what wretched refuse meant.

Laundry works nicely for me. Meditate, daydream, have a general foods international moment. It's even easier if you skip the folding and keep them on hangars. lol

Old 02-14-2008, 06:43 PM

23,440 posts, read 30,618,996 times
I love to cook, dont consider it a chore at all.

I do hate to clean, and that means everything. I tell DH, I make it pretty, I dont make it clean. However, since I dont have a cleaning person, I have to do it anyway.

Old 02-14-2008, 07:46 PM

452 posts, read 2,090,713 times
I despise loading the dishwasher, doing the dishes, and in general, cleaning up the kitchen after cooking or baking. I feel it takes too long to get the kitchen as pristine clean and sanitized as I want it, I hate putting dishes away into the cabinets as well as I have organizational issues (I'm disorganized). I also hate mopping the kitchen floor because I want it clean and it just never seems to be as squeaky clean as I need it to be. I also hate cleaning floors in general- sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, carpet stains. Hate all of this and one more thing--dusting. I have allergies, hate it!! Ok one more thing, I hate cleaning showers, I can never get the soap scum completely gone, the glass doors always are streaky and scummy. All right, I hate keeping ceiling fan blades and window blinds dust free and I hate cleaning glass- mirrors, windows...because they streak or are hard to reach. And I hate keeping tile grout clean- mildew remover works for a while until it's time to regrout.

It seems like I just hate to do housework, doesn't it?? But I don't mind laundry- I like to wash and dry it, I just hate to fold and hang it up afterwards and i DON'T iron. But I wash everything up frequently, wash the bedding and comforters, wash the pillow cases more frequently, keep my daughter's stuffed animals and toys very very clean...I don't mind cleaning toilets and sinks and countertops..wiping down surfaces and doorknobs with clorox wipes...I like to sanitize.

And I'd rather do any type of cleaning rather than deal with my worst enemy--clutter! If the clutter is not there, all cleaning is easier.

That about sums it up. But I'd much rather cook than clean up afterwards.

In my house, I'll wash all the laundry and take care of the stains, if you'll put it up/hang it up/fold it. I'll cook lots of good food if you'll do the dishes. I'll clean the toilets and tubs if you'll clean the showers (especially if they are tile).....I'll make the beds and tidy up the clutter and pick up the kids' toys, and sanitize everywhere, if you'll dust and vaccum and mop. And I will actually mop and vacuum if you'll take out the trash!

And if a man would like to do the inside chores I detest I will gladly mow the lawn, even with a pushmower. I love to plan flowers and water and fertilize them and care for them, and garden, I just hate to pull weeds and deal with pests.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House