Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 10:09 AM

3,536 posts, read 12,286,314 times

Advertisements

Anyone have any experience with this? I have dogs that shed!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2008, 10:18 AM

4,610 posts, read 11,078,693 times
Yes, I love mine. I have 2 IRobots now and the Scooba. The Scooba is still questionable to me if it's worth the money (a little more of a pain) but my IRobots were definitely worth it.

Old 02-19-2008, 11:15 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,305,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarie123 View Post
You will still have to clean out the hair from the brushes just like a regular vacuum. It does not get deep down dirt on carpet. It more effective if you run it daily instead of once a week or their is to much hair on the floor.
The tray that the dirt goes in is rather small.

Since it just sweeps the floor it doesnt have filters get vacuum up the allergins.

Old 02-19-2008, 11:57 AM

3,536 posts, read 12,286,314 times
Yeah, I know it's not perfect buy I was hoping it would help. I work 50 hours a week, am in school full time, try to volunteer, take exercise classes on the weekends, etc. I don't have time to vacuum everyday. I manage about every three days and I feel horrible about it because my canister fills up in one room! It's gross. BTW- not a bad puppy mom, my boyfriend is home with the dogs more often then I am... he just won't vacuum :-)

Old 02-19-2008, 01:21 PM

24,030 posts, read 10,384,550 times
It has reduced the daily trip with Dyson to a biweekly one. Considering long haired cats, owners and a constantly open patio door - does a great job picking up hair even from tile. Yes, you will have to empty the small waste cup frequently and also take the brush out to clean.

Old 02-19-2008, 03:16 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,738,196 times
Quote:
Yeah, I know it's not perfect buy I was hoping it would help. I work 50 hours a week, am in school full time, try to volunteer, take exercise classes on the weekends, etc. I don't have time to vacuum everyday. I manage about every three days and I feel horrible about it because my canister fills up in one room! It's gross. BTW- not a bad puppy mom, my boyfriend is home with the dogs more often then I am... he just won't vacuum :-)
It does keep the crud down (particulates, not fine dust or silt), its a good purchase. My landlady has a dog, 3 long haired cats and barn muck to chase after and it keeps everything to a dull roar. She'll still get 3/4 canister full once a week, but its because she's vacuuming upolstery too, the dander from the rugs is what you'll get with your dyson.

Tips= don't leave this machine completely unsupervised when pets are in the house because pets tend to have 'accidents' and the machine will just mow over it and spread it around the whole house. :X
loose cords, wrong height furniture and throw rugs can hang it up sometimes. Minor adjustments to the house will make it roomba friendly.

Other than that, she's had it over a year now problem free. It inspired her daughter in law to ask for one for christmas, another happy customer. Hope that helps.

Old 02-19-2008, 04:20 PM

15 posts, read 76,581 times
Wow- that's good advice because I was also thinking about buying one and I didn't even think about "accidents" which happen about once a month in my house. Hmmmm... thanks!

Old 02-20-2008, 06:56 AM

9,124 posts, read 36,290,884 times
My wife bought one for our new house, and in my opinion it's a total waste of money. That thing could spend 6 hours cruising around the floor of our house and still miss half of the spaces- and that assuming that it doesn't spend most of the time repeatedly banging into chair legs, getting hung up on the entry mat at the front door, or smashing into the kitchen cabinets.

Old 02-20-2008, 08:52 AM

1,408 posts, read 8,005,640 times
Quote:
Before you decide to buy it I would somehow "test it" with your dogs. I know one of my two would think it was a wonderful new toy just for her which would mean I would spend more time telling her NO. The other one would run from the room everytime it saw the thing.

Old 02-20-2008, 12:39 PM

30,703 posts, read 79,445,266 times
We found it great for picking up animal hair. It is nice to run it whie you are at work and save a little bit of chore time. You will still have to vacuum once in a while, but it picks up the worst of the mess.

We had a lot of trouble with it getting stuck on our area rugs, especially the fringe. We also had a lot of trouble with the batteries not lasting. We now have three dead Roombas that will not take a charge anymore. They each lasted less than fifty cleanings. I looked into replacing the battery, but it was as expensive as buying a new machine on a good sale.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House