Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2016, 05:06 AM

18,528 posts, read 18,752,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merjolie8 View Post
Smaller lot, bigger house. We don't really need over an acre of land.
can I come and build on it hahaha, seriously Im easy pleased, my house is small, with two small gardens, what Id like is an extra room for the grandkids when they stay over, in another life Id love a house in the countryside with five rooms, two sitting areas , a large kitchen and dining room, and ensuites in every room, plenty of safe running space for my wee dog, a converted loft or roof space with velux windows, a place to play nice music, do some art and chill and to see over my land that Ill never have but I can dream. but you know what Ive always wanted , a house with a porch, we dont really have many of them here in Scotland, but its been my dream since I was young with Doris Day films.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2016, 07:51 AM

Location: Finally the house is done and we are in Port St. Lucie!
3,487 posts, read 3,338,908 times
That it was finished being built so I could move in and live in it long enough to find out what I would have liked to have done differently.

Old 11-03-2016, 10:14 AM

2,294 posts, read 3,429,640 times
A washroom or second bath/half bath would be nice. Right now we only have one bathroom which is fine with only two of us in the house but when we have company lines tend to form.

Old 11-03-2016, 01:57 PM

6,617 posts, read 6,544,435 times
A larger living room. It's cosy, but when we have company over I find it a bit too crowded feeling.

We built a manufactured stone gas fireplace on the one long wall and it struts out 1-1/2 feet into the living room. In hindsight, we should have built it flush to the wall with the "guts" outside, so we wouldn't have lost that space inside.

Old 11-03-2016, 02:24 PM

5,853 posts, read 5,281,784 times
A couple of things.

-I wish the road had less traffic-especially less trucks.
-I would like a bigger kitchen.
-I wouldn't mind ONE MORE bedroom-for guests. We do have a guest bedroom but we still have to use other rooms, too. We have 3 other rooms that people can sleep in. At least (so far) no one has to sleep in the living room. I am afraid that when the kids get older, someone will be staying in the living room. I am hoping by that time, we don't have to worry if they catch Santa or not.

Cat

Old 11-04-2016, 10:09 AM

1,591 posts, read 2,408,792 times
If I could change one thing, I'd change it from a house to a boat.

Old 11-05-2016, 10:42 AM

167 posts, read 359,285 times
We have a corner wood burning fireplace in our family room. It takes up a ton of room and makes furniture placement difficult. I wish we did not have a fireplace in the family room at all.

Old 11-05-2016, 12:58 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,954,920 times
I wish we had a master on the main. That was something my husband and I battled over, he didn't want it because he thought we should be on the same level as the kids. Now the kids are gone, and it's stupid having all those empty bedrooms upstairs that still must be heated and cooled because of the master.

I would also like our porch screened in. The deck wraps around the back, but one section has a roof, and it wouldn't be too difficult to add screening to that area.

But the only thing I really hate is the laundry room. It's a great location right off the kitchen, but it's narrow.

Old 11-05-2016, 09:10 PM

8,877 posts, read 13,915,570 times
1) We have a sloped front yard towards the street. Would like to get rid of it and level the yard.
2) Larger garage. My everyday driver won't fit in it.
3) Basement would be nice.

Old 11-05-2016, 09:39 PM

1,180 posts, read 2,922,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
I wish we had a master on the main. That was something my husband and I battled over, he didn't want it because he thought we should be on the same level as the kids. Now the kids are gone, and it's stupid having all those empty bedrooms upstairs that still must be heated and cooled because of the master.

I would also like our porch screened in. The deck wraps around the back, but one section has a roof, and it wouldn't be too difficult to add screening to that area.

But the only thing I really hate is the laundry room. It's a great location right off the kitchen, but it's narrow.

That's a really great point I never even thought of-

I wish we had a wash up sink in the garage- my husband is always working on cars or machinery and has to wash his filthy hands in my kitchen sink opening and closing doors to get to it and getting black fingerprints all over everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House