U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Neighborhood #1 or #2
neighborhood #1 22 53.66%
neighborhood #2 19 46.34%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2018, 12:08 PM

2,893 posts, read 3,047,336 times

Advertisements

Update: I have been in the new home for eight months. The amenities (pool, and playground) will be finished by the end of 2018, and open for swimming in Spring 2019. I can see it being built now from the beginning , the foundation has started.
I think I was like in the first 5 people to move in the neighborhood at the very end of 2017 (last week December). The construction has pretty much gone away from my street as all of the home around are completed, so the noise is much better. It wasn't that bad, when there was construction noise.
It is kinda cool to be in the first 5 of 600 homes. Still seems it will be 2 or 3 more years to complete the neighborhood. Aside from minor problems at the beginning, I really like my house, and so does my family and friends. It's a very nice neighborhood, it's is built back off the road separated by woods, and I think it might be even nicer when complete (in 3 years). There is still a lot to come (more walking trails, the pool, another playground (there is already a small one).
They do have a Pergola with seating they built where a food truck comes every other week in the summer and neighbors can go and eat and meet people. There is plenty of parking in the neighborhood, and the neighbors are nice. The price of my house has quietly risen on the developer sales site $5000.00.

The only downsides are the following:
The neighborhood is very large , but built back off an older road (divided with trees and woods, with older houses and some are run down trailers with dirt roads to the homes. The neighborhood did built a very nice/attractive roundabout on the road entering/exiting the neighborhood, which improved the older street.
There is some crime, mostly drug offenses.
The area is an barrier island that is developing. It is not too built up, but progressing rapidly with new commercial development and constant residential development. The traffic is a problem at times because the infrastructure has not kept up with the development, but the city is addressing it. Here's a picture of the completed roundabout, and entrance to the neighborhood, the pool is under construction.

Attached Thumbnails
Choosing between two neighborhoods-13.jpg  

Last edited by Silver-Fox; 08-21-2018 at 01:29 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2018, 12:38 PM

13,964 posts, read 20,238,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver-Fox View Post
The neighborhoods are built by the same national builder Pulte.
Neither.
Pulte builds crap.
Have seen their construction up close and it is not pretty.

Old 08-21-2018, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
Neither.
Pulte builds crap.
Have seen their construction up close and it is not pretty.
I disagree, the neighborhood is very nice looking. Very nice houses.
Attached Thumbnails
Choosing between two neighborhoods-13.jpg  

Old 08-21-2018, 01:14 PM

8,866 posts, read 7,666,933 times
Neighbor 1 is secure. No surprises.

Old 08-21-2018, 01:17 PM

John, would have gone to number 1, but prices too high, neighborhood is at very end of build after 10 years. 1,300 homes. Number 2 was a risk with a roll of the die, and I did it....The choice was made last year in 2017....The poll is closed. See three threads above for UPDATE.

Last edited by Silver-Fox; 08-21-2018 at 01:30 PM..

Old 08-21-2018, 09:31 PM

982 posts, read 142,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver-Fox View Post
I disagree, the neighborhood is very nice looking. Very nice houses.
Congratulations and much happiness to you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or