Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2016, 03:50 PM

274 posts, read 237,642 times

Advertisements

I love my house/home. It is modest by most standards, but we've lived here for almost thirty years, and it is filled with many happy memories of raising our children, entertaining guests, etc. We plan to spend another five years living here and then move to a place on one level with much less yard work. The very thought makes both of us sad, but we'll always be glad for the many years we have been able to live in a place that suits us so well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2016, 01:47 AM

5,151 posts, read 4,528,249 times
I'm just grateful that I have a house. Knock wood.

Old 10-01-2016, 03:16 AM

1,399 posts, read 1,799,476 times
I loved my house when I first moved into it......then I noticed all of the stupid little short cuts the builders took. Now that I am slowly correcting them I am growing in love with my house again. Having my sister and brother as house guests for a week helped me fall in love with my house again as well.

Old 10-01-2016, 04:51 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,838,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes
You only "sound crazy" if you walk down the street talking to yourself or your imaginary friend.
Ah but your not really.... You are talking to the spirits that are by (Your guardian angel spirit,etc)

I dont think its crazy to love a house...... Not much GOOD in this world anymore!!

Old 10-01-2016, 04:52 AM

324 posts, read 837,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveLoveLaugh View Post
I love my house....it's an 1886 farmhouse I put my heart and soul into! Its my dream home ....I really LOVE my house...I feel so blessed to call this home. Omg....it was meant to be....I've never felt this way before....I feel like I really belong here!!!!! Its a wonderful feeling...its my 'soulmate'....do I sound crazy?
If you are crazy, than so am I! Sometimes I sit on my porch at night, watching the fireflies and listening to the crickets chirp and literally get butterflies in my stomach. It's not a large or fancy house, and it has plenty of annoying quirks, but I absolutely love it. The house, the land, the location, everything. Of course last winter we had a bit of a lover's quarrel when we got almost four feet of snow and had to shovel the entire 550+ foot driveway by hand, but we're past that now.

Old 10-01-2016, 09:35 AM

10,225 posts, read 7,583,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveLoveLaugh View Post
I love my house....it's an 1886 farmhouse I put my heart and soul into! Its my dream home ....I really LOVE my house...I feel so blessed to call this home. Omg....it was meant to be....I've never felt this way before....I feel like I really belong here!!!!! Its a wonderful feeling...its my 'soulmate'....do I sound crazy?
You don't sound crazy at all! For us homebodies, we really get into it. It's everything. After all, we spend so much time there. I would like to feel that way. I'm house hunting, and so far the only two I "loved" were beyond my price point.

Old 10-01-2016, 11:20 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,794,120 times
You're not crazy at all LiveLoveLaugh. I love my house as well, and evidently so did the other two people that lived here in 105 years. I can only imagine how beautiful it was with the gas fixtures and everything brand new. We've done our best to restore it to it's original splendor, but I wish we had all of the original gas lights. We did buy all antiques that were wired but having the originals would have been amazing.

There's just something about old houses that retain their original look.

Old 10-01-2016, 11:23 AM

14,539 posts, read 21,257,489 times
I love my 1930 shotgun house. it's just the right size. It's different, not like all the rest. The walls are think and it has held up very well for its 86 years. And I own it. Only cost to keep it is mowing the lawn and two hundred a year for taxes.

But the area.... Getting something done requires a lot of patience, dissapointment, and ultimately a job that's late and half done. I don't drive and rides are undependable. I like staying home much of the time, but sometimes I just want to go somewhere and windowshop. Even things which need a trip sometimes don't happen. thank the Gods for Amazon and Walmart and food delivery.

My son is planning to start looking at homes in Utah, where he lives, and wants to make space for me. I'm so conflicted. This house is perfect for me. And I feel secure that its mine. And while getting out is an ordeal sometimes, I love coming home. We're talking mother in law apartment in the basement. We have to still discuss details like I want my own washing area. (too many rented rooms, hate hate hate sharing that). It won't ever feel like mine. And the house will be chocked full of family (I feel uncomfortable around the crowding).

So I love the house I'm in but don't know if its workable because 'services' are lacking. And the other *might* be okay, but I can 'feel' people and thats too many, and it won't ever feel just like mine.

What if you love your house but need to have a crane pick it up and move it somewhere?

Old 10-01-2016, 11:29 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,626,404 times
I don't fall in love with homes, cars, things, etc. I just like a comfortable home that is not too big. I don't like lots of property. I do like and value good neighbors. I do like a great area that isn't too far out. Location is very important to me.

Old 10-01-2016, 12:18 PM

78 posts, read 92,396 times
I really like my house, a 1904 American Foursquare, but with a few renovations I would love it. Now my neighborhood on the other hand is pure love. Location great, homes are amazing, people are friendly and considerate. I'm a homebody so I do think it is nice to love your house-- I have been in situations when I did not like where I lived and it sucked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House