Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2016, 07:03 AM

50,255 posts, read 47,017,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
All of them. Every single one. Trees, lights, wreathes, inflatables. All of them. I despise Christmas with a white hot flame of hate.
Merry Christmas
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2016, 11:05 AM

5,851 posts, read 5,277,583 times
As I posted earlier, we only put 3 wreaths up outside. One of my best friend said to me after seeing the house last year, "You really need to put up some lights." Hubby told me to tell her that if she wants lights up to come and put them up herself and then come back in January to take them down.

Cat

Old 12-15-2016, 02:29 PM

274 posts, read 237,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
As I posted earlier, we only put 3 wreaths up outside. One of my best friend said to me after seeing the house last year, "You really need to put up some lights." Hubby told me to tell her that if she wants lights up to come and put them up herself and then come back in January to take them down.

Cat
I totally understand your husband's point of view. However from the pictures and videos you have posted of your house, I also understand why your friend would say something about putting up lights. Your house would be gorgeous with some outdoor lights.

Old 12-15-2016, 06:04 PM

5,851 posts, read 5,277,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelia Shay View Post
I totally understand your husband's point of view. However from the pictures and videos you have posted of your house, I also understand why your friend would say something about putting up lights. Your house would be gorgeous with some outdoor lights.

Probably but it really is a pain in the butt.

Cat

Old 12-16-2016, 07:16 AM

4,270 posts, read 6,295,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post

Cat
If you didn't live on Venus, I'd totally come over and decorate the outside of your house!

Old 12-17-2016, 12:10 AM

5,696 posts, read 19,140,529 times
I enjoy when people decorate even if it's not to my liking. I would object if someone had something that was disruptive but haven't come across that yet. I am not a fan of the inflatables either. I like the same colored lights, especially soft white. I think it looks classic. Mixing different colors to me looks a bit disorganized and not thought out. Kind of like, grab whatever we got and put it up.

There are a few houses in my neighborhood where people have made wood pieces. One of Santa's sleigh and reindeer or a Navity scene. I'd like to put items out but concerned they would be taken. One year we put lights on our soaring pine tree, can't even tell you how tall it is. My husband created a special pole to put the lights up. Anyway, some kids tried to rip them down and broke the strands. That was pretty disappointing because it was over a 100 dollars worth of lights. We still put out lights but haven't put anything on the large pine in a few yrs.

Old 12-17-2016, 01:14 AM

3,068 posts, read 1,680,168 times
I like just about everything. Inflatables are not my favorite in general but there are some that I've enjoyed. One house a few blocks down has an inflatable Santa on a motorcycle, and every year I look forward to seeing it.

The only thing I do not enjoy as decorations are garden gnomes, and that's likely because I can't stand the damn things, Period.

Old 12-17-2016, 11:34 AM

18,526 posts, read 18,738,593 times
The big giant santas who must smell horrible and damp once taken in to store,, inflatables must be the most tacky of decorations, mismatched lights, gaudy lighting gives me headaches, but those damn curtain lights that flash could cause a fit, their horrible, and I have a big tree over the road with bright cold blue LEDs its offensive to the eye and how they suffer it inside the house is beyond me, wish they would bring back the old fashioned warm toned lights that we all loved as children, I had ordered new Warm white lights for my white tree, they dont look warm white to me and its spoiling the look I had envisaged of my small four foot white tree, Ill take photos and shove them on but IM not a happy camper, might even buy some more warm tone lights tomorrow...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House