Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2016, 01:52 PM

7,457 posts, read 7,070,815 times

Advertisements

Looking at the Bissell 9595A Vacuum with OnePass and Bissell CleanView Complete Pet Rewind Bagless Upright Vacuum with OnePass Technology, 8531 solely for using it on carpeted surfaces.

Pet rewind has additional attachments? But again for some way carpet cleaning is one better than the other?

Also is the Shark Lift Away worth the extra cost?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2016, 02:14 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,890,244 times
I love my Shark, I have two and wouldn't look for anything else.

Old 12-19-2016, 03:12 PM

Great, but which Shark model do you have? You have the Lift Away?

Interested in the shark, but more interested in feedback from people who have looked at both the Bissell models as this is not gonna be my primary vacuum so looking for the biggest bang for the buck.

Interest in hearing the pros and cons as no appliance is perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
I love my Shark, I have two and wouldn't look for anything else.

Old 12-19-2016, 03:37 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,890,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin2Reston View Post
Great, but which Shark model do you have? You have the Lift Away?

Interested in the shark, but more interested in feedback from people who have looked at both the Bissell models as this is not gonna be my primary vacuum so looking for the biggest bang for the buck.

Interest in hearing the pros and cons as no appliance is perfect.
I have the shark lift away, and I have no knowledge of the Bissell. After purchasing my first Shark, I was so impressed I purchased another for the other end of the house. I have a large one story home so a vac at each end is a good thing.
Usually before purchasing anything I do way too much research, no need for that, I have experienced several other vacs and prefer the shark. I have even used the double overpriced Dyson and prefer the Shark..
My daughter's vacuum is about to give up the ghost and when it does, I will buy her a Shark.. No need to look farther, I found what works for me..
Sorry I couldn't be more helpful..

Old 12-19-2016, 04:46 PM

Looking at the Bissell 9595A Vacuum with OnePass and Bissell CleanView Complete Pet Rewind Bagless Upright Vacuum with OnePass Technology, 8531 solely for using it on carpeted surfaces.

Anyone have experience with either of these?

Old 12-19-2016, 04:59 PM

61,409 posts, read 86,378,176 times
Try this: Best vacuum cleaner - the ultimate guide - Clean smartly

Old 12-19-2016, 07:51 PM

17,689 posts, read 29,659,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Miele for the win!

Old 12-20-2016, 12:24 AM

15,546 posts, read 11,954,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin2Reston View Post

Anyone have experience with either of these?
I have the Bissell Cleanview Complete Pet rewind. I've only had it for about 8 months, but I've never had any problems with it. I love the retractable cord. It is so much nicer to just push a button instead of winding up the cord. I only use it on carpet, and I do have a dog.

I had to look up and see what vacuum I have, and when looking at the reviews I saw that some people complained about the length of the hose. I don't have stairs, so the only time I use the hose is to vacuum under the couch cushion and along the base boards. The length is fine for that, I've never thought there was anything wrong with it. But maybe if you are using it to vacuum stairs, I can see the Shark lift away being more convenient.

Old 12-20-2016, 04:06 AM

Thanks for the link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post

Old 12-20-2016, 04:08 AM

Thanks, not looking for stair use, so,Eli carpet. How is the carpet cleaning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
I have the Bissell Cleanview Complete Pet rewind. I've only had it for about 8 months, but I've never had any problems with it. I love the retractable cord. It is so much nicer to just push a button instead of winding up the cord. I only use it on carpet, and I do have a dog.

I had to look up and see what vacuum I have, and when looking at the reviews I saw that some people complained about the length of the hose. I don't have stairs, so the only time I use the hose is to vacuum under the couch cushion and along the base boards. The length is fine for that, I've never thought there was anything wrong with it. But maybe if you are using it to vacuum stairs, I can see the Shark lift away being more convenient.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House