Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 09:59 AM

1 posts, read 2,694 times

Advertisements

If you're looking for great shower head deals check out <a href="https://www.oneclickdirect.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=18328_18353_18361"> Shower Heads </a>. They have many different styles to fit your wants and are very affordable!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2010, 11:16 AM
kws

1 posts, read 2,356 times
does anyone have the Moen Brantford posi temp shower trim kit - is the showerhead powerful or wimpy

Old 10-04-2010, 04:10 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,764,742 times
There is a difference between pressure and volume. Pressure can be increased by restrictions like some people have said. If you turn your shower into a tiny amount of water coming through a small hole, you cna increase "pressure" (i.e. the tiny stream of water will hit you harder). The big rain shower or subflower shower heads allow a lot of volume but do not increase pressure. I love the high volume sunflower heads. Some say that they waste water, but since you rinse off much faster and take a shorter shower, that is debatable. We have a very large sunflower head (12"? Maybe 14" or 18") You can completely rinse off in less than 1 minute. It is like standing in a waterfall.

Old 11-07-2010, 05:31 PM

1 posts, read 2,245 times
Check out [url=http://shower-led.com]LED Showerheads[/url]. They offer a bunch of different kinds.

Old 10-07-2011, 02:03 PM

1 posts, read 1,632 times
Try airjet showerhead which is very efficient. you can save water and get high water pressure immediately! check out www.wellgreenlife.com

Old 10-07-2011, 02:13 PM

1,455 posts, read 2,496,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Having a wide open flow to your shower head won't increase the pressure of the water hitting your head. It'll actually reduce the pressure but provide more water flow. This could be a problem in the summer months when water pressure is greatly reduced from people excessively watering their lawns. With a modern water saving shower head, the pressure coming from the shower head stays relatively steady compared to non-water saving heads....snip....
Agreed, and in addition you'll drain your hot water tank in no time at all....

Old 10-07-2011, 02:19 PM

We put in one like this:

12" Ceiling Mount Rainfall Showerhead | Signature Hardware

It is like taking a shower in a waterfall. You do not waste tons of water, because you can rinse off your whole body in seconds. However I have to admit that it is hard to get out of the shower sometimes. There is a hand held thingy on a hose for cleaning cracks and crevices (mind out of gutter, I mean behind your ears, your mouth, underarms . . . . )

It is expensive but worth it. They are called rain shower heads or sunflower shower heads. One downside is that all of the kids insistast on taking a shower in our bathroom. The other three bathrooms go unused and they line up at our door morning and night.

We once had a waterpick cheap plastic handheld that was great. We moved it from house to house with us. Other simlar units, even other waterpick units were just not as good. It was great. However this sunflower thingy is even better.

We ordered all of our plumbing things form this company. It was delivered to our house very quickly. I really like them and the quality is better than the big box junk.

I always remove that water saver thingy from shower heads. They work much better without them. I prefer to use a lot of water and shower quickly than use a tiny bit of water for a really long time. You need a certain amount of water to rinse soap off. You can get that water quickly or gradually. I prefer quickly. I am impatient.

Old 10-07-2011, 02:25 PM

Oops I already said that. Missed it. Oh well the link may be helpful

Old 08-26-2015, 04:32 PM

1 posts, read 697 times
Having a wide open flow to your shower head won't increase the pressure of the water hitting your head. It'll actually reduce the pressure but provide more water flow. This could be a problem in the summer months when water pressure is greatly reduced from people excessively watering their lawns. With a modern water saving shower head, the pressure coming from the shower head stays relatively steady compared to non-water saving heads. We use the Waterpik CF203 Cascadia Drenching Rain Showerhead from [url]https://www.waterpik.com/shower-head/products/rain-shower/flexneck/CF-203/[/url] and love it! We also love the Super Power from [url=http://best-shower-head.com]HIGH PRESSURE SHOWER HEADS ** SUPER POWER HIGH FLOW BEST SHOWER HEAD[/url] and the Delta Water-Amplifying from [url=http://www.deltafaucet.com/bath/details/75152.html]75152 Delta Adjustable Water-Amplifying® Shower Head : Bath Products : Delta Faucet[/url]

Old 08-28-2015, 04:45 PM

80 posts, read 135,272 times
Low Flow Shower Heads | Bricor Showerheads makes the best low-flow shower heads.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House