U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 10:29 PM

454 posts, read 1,515,687 times
Default Best shower head?

Can anyone recommend a really good shower head, in particular one that's available somewhere easy to find such as Lowe's or Home Depot?

I like a really powerful stream of water, and I like a lot of it- not just something that shoots out 3 jets of water and you have to move around in there to get rinsed, and not something that has tons of streams of water but feels like the water is so spread out it's coming out with low pressure..does this make sense? The more streams of water and the wider of an area it sprays down upon the better as long as it has some good water pressure...no wimps. I like something that will reduce the time it takes me to rinse shampoo out of my hair, etc and also massage my back. I'm tired of the standard, basic, plain, average showerhead (but my shower is just a standard, basic, plain, average shower!) Recommend a showerhead to give my showers some va va voom..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2008, 01:09 AM

302 posts, read 758,453 times
Too funny....I found a shower head Years ago and I've taken it from every residence I've lived in!! I know exactly what you mean. I believe I purchased mine at a True-Value store.

Old 02-29-2008, 02:03 AM

118 posts, read 351,710 times
The Delta shower head with the removable hand held head in the middle. I can't remember the name of it but we got it at HD. $75--but very nice.

Old 02-29-2008, 04:14 PM

3,468 posts, read 8,517,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLily7 View Post
I like a really powerful stream of water, and I like a lot of it
The government, in it's infinite wisdom, requires showerheads to have a flow restrictor in them that limits the amount of water (I think it's 2.5 gallons per minute). So getting a full blast stream of water might be hard to find. The government doesn't want you to waste water .

Old 02-29-2008, 07:05 PM

624 posts, read 2,692,770 times
HA, reminds me of that Seinfeld episode:

SALESMAN: All right, I got everything here. I got the Cyclone F series, Hydra Jet Flow, Stockholm Superstream, you name it.

JERRY: What do you recommend?

SALESMAN: What are you looking for?

KRAMER: Power, man. Power.

NEWMAN: Like Silkwood.

KRAMER: That's for radiation.

NEWMAN: That's right.

KRAMER: (pointing to the largest one) Now, what is this?

SALESMAN: That's the Commando 450, I don't sell that one. What about thi-

KRAMER: Well that's what we want, the Commando 450.

SALESMAN: Nah, believe me. It's only used in the circus. For elephants.

NEWMAN: We'll pay anything. We've got the (hands a wad of money to Kramer) What about Jerry?

KRAMER: He couldn't handle that, he's delicate.

Old 02-29-2008, 09:04 PM

882 posts, read 2,140,358 times
On a lot of heads, you can remove the flow restrictor thereby allowing more flow. I must say, if I could find a good Speakman iin a handheld style, it'd be in my master for sure!

Old 03-01-2008, 08:50 AM

2,368 posts, read 5,137,562 times
Speakman does make a pretty nice shower head. We bought two pretty cheaply - and loved them. When we sold the house I was tempted to take them with us, but thought that was pretty petty for $19 shower heads.

What I love - they have the 1-800 number right on the shower head!! Now that's believing in your product!!

Old 03-02-2008, 10:54 AM
tao

719 posts, read 2,220,911 times
We use the Waterpik CF201 Cascadia Drenching Rain Showerhead and love it!

Here's the description:

Drenching Rain Oversized Showerhead - - The Cascadia™ showerhead from Waterpik gives you an oversized, 7.5-inch drenching rain showerhead, 8-inch flexible arm that adjusts for infinite positions and height settings, and 2 settings for a either a full-body spray or a concentrated power spray. More than 100 spray channels deliver drenching, full-body coverage. Sleek, futuristic design. White with gray accent.

Old 03-05-2008, 11:42 AM

613 posts, read 1,879,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tao View Post
We use the Waterpik CF201 Cascadia Drenching Rain Showerhead and love it!

Here's the description:

Drenching Rain Oversized Showerhead - - The Cascadia™ showerhead from Waterpik gives you an oversized, 7.5-inch drenching rain showerhead, 8-inch flexible arm that adjusts for infinite positions and height settings, and 2 settings for a either a full-body spray or a concentrated power spray. More than 100 spray channels deliver drenching, full-body coverage. Sleek, futuristic design. White with gray accent.
I have this exact showerhead as well, and LOVE it!! It has a dual spray which is great. Most time "rain" showerheads don't have enough pressure, but this one definitely does. I never need to turn it to the power spray. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it.

Old 03-05-2008, 12:00 PM

Location: Sometimes Maryland, sometimes NoVA. Depends on the day of the week
1,501 posts, read 7,285,945 times
We recently remodeled our bathroom and installed the Moen TL183BC in the tub and shower. DH says this is the best shower head he has seen in a long time. We are on a well, so we don't have the best water pressure, and this one compensates wonderfully.

The flow restrictor does not have to mean a wimpy shower if its a good showerhead (does not have to mean expensive). Thing of it like when you put your thumb over the end of a hose. You are restricting the flow, but the pressure goes way up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House