Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2017, 05:56 AM

5,509 posts, read 9,485,987 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Banks filing expedited foreclosures on abandoned and vacant properties will no longer be able to use plywood to board up those houses.

All other properties, however, can still use plywood under a law signed Wednesday by Gov. John Kasich, a Republican. The law takes effect in 90 days.

Confusion over the bill had some believing the law banned the use of plywood on all vacant properties.
- See more at: Youngstown news, Ohio prohibits banks filing quick foreclosures from using plywood on vacant houses

The only issue I see is that this disincentivizes the use of the expedited foreclosure process. If a bank is going to go through the usual 2+ year process of foreclosure, they can still use plywood.

Also, any other organization can still use plywood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2017, 08:20 AM

17,472 posts, read 65,994,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR_C View Post
- See more at: Youngstown news, Ohio prohibits banks filing quick foreclosures from using plywood on vacant houses

The only issue I see is that this disincentivizes the use of the expedited foreclosure process. If a bank is going to go through the usual 2+ year process of foreclosure, they can still use plywood.

Also, any other organization can still use plywood.
Exactly.
Which goes right back to "why?" Securing the property is their number one priority- doing it effectively and as economically as possible. I don't see the difference other than a lawmaker making money because s/he has a seat on the board of a thermal plastic company or owns a considerable amount stock.

Old 01-14-2017, 05:06 PM

9,068 posts, read 6,298,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K'ledgeBldr View Post
"Clear Boarding".

Ever heard of it? Is it really THE ANSWER to urban blight? Or a crazy get rich scheme by unscrupulous lawmakers?

Ohio becomes first state to ban plywood on vacant properties | 2017-01-05 | HousingWire

I can't wait to read what the rest of you think.
I think this whole thing is a blatant abuse of corporate lobbying of government officials.

Quote:
Originally Posted by From Linked Article
The move away from plywood, which has long been the standard material for securing vacant properties, has been a long time coming, according Robert Klein, the founder and chairman of Community Blight Solutions.

Robert Klein is the founder and chairman of the board for field services provider Safeguard Properties and also chair of polycarbonate sheeting company Secure View.
I think a consumer boycott of Secure View is in order. Robert Klein is a slimeball. Instead of competing with plywood he chooses to bribe government officials and make plywood illegal so that he can overcharge banks which will eventually hurt consumers as banks will just raise fees on us peons to cover the overcharging by Klein.

Let's proactively hit him in his wallet first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House