Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2017, 04:05 PM

1,299 posts, read 2,578,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
The most unexpected thing I've ever seen in a house was a glass enclosed open area in which a tree was growing in the middle of the home. The enclosure was open at the top, so the enclosure resembled a very small atrium. There was a door in one of the glass walls, to tend the tree, I guess.
Did the house happen to be in Longwood, FL? When we first moved to FL in 2008, we saw a house of that exact description for sale.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2017, 02:30 PM

26 posts, read 21,783 times
Pictures of me in the bathroom

Old 02-07-2017, 04:40 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,135,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poodlestix View Post
Did the house happen to be in Longwood, FL? When we first moved to FL in 2008, we saw a house of that exact description for sale.
No.

So you've seen this sort of thing, too!

Old 02-08-2017, 12:28 PM

9,006 posts, read 13,831,283 times
This is interesting and inspiring.

I personally want to make my bedroom into a living room since it is only 99 square feet and since i hate sleeping on beds but love sleeping on sofa's,it might work.

I actually know someone that has a bed in the only living/family room.

I also know plenty of people with no furniture in their living room.
I think they have 2 kitchen chairs though.

Old 02-08-2017, 03:11 PM

910 posts, read 1,081,380 times
Quote:
No.

So you've seen this sort of thing, too!

When I was a kid, one of my friends had the same exact thing in the middle of their house. Their house was literally an octagon. The middle was an atrium. Every room in the home had a door to it, and the walls were glass. The layout from the front of the house was like this. You walked into the living room, to the left was the dining room, then the kitchen, then the laundry room. To the right was a slinder hallway which led to the master bedroom, bathroom, kids room, and finally another kids room. They had parrots that lived in the atrium, it had a steel net across the top like you find at the zoo.

Old 02-09-2017, 12:46 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,764,742 times
Quote:
The most unexpected thing I've ever seen in a house was a glass enclosed open area in which a tree was growing in the middle of the home. The enclosure was open at the top, so the enclosure resembled a very small atrium. There was a door in one of the glass walls, to tend the tree, I guess.

Many years ago DH and I visited a home for sale in a partially rural area. If memory serves, there was an overturned chair in one room and what looked like a bullet hole in the window opposite the chair. We left there quickly.
Eichler home?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House