Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2017, 07:10 AM

749 posts, read 734,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barking Spider View Post
Not the same animal. Insurance company is sending out someone to check on work that has been done. She will not be doing a home inspection, as defined by the State Standards of Practice. She does not have to be licensed, since she is not doing a home inspection.
This.

She's not a home inspector. She's just checking to make sure that what you say is happening is actually happening. Essentially, your mortgage loan holder wants to know that the property "they own" is being fixed - rather than you just pocketing the money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2017, 07:28 AM

11,582 posts, read 6,736,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glittery View Post
No, haven't confirmed with PNC. Left message with PNC, no call back yet.

I think I was disturbed because this person has no work experience aside from selling nail products online.

Her husband owns a construction company with bad yelp reviews. Perhaps that's her work experience?
And worse yet, I found her twitter and she posted photos of herself getting a neck tattoo and how bragging big a b---h she is over and over.
I'm sure someone with a neck could do a fine job of verifying repairs. But someone who prides themselves in being rude ?
Not comforting.
But DH confirms that she called herself "the inspector for our house for PNC". So that might be a violation of sorts ?
WOW! Why would you be looking this person up online?? Do you look up everyone's personal life?

She's not an actual home inspector and therefore will NOT have a license. She works for your mortgage lender to make sure that you are repairing the home since they have interest in it. Many people put in claims but then pocket the money (which is illegal by the way). All this lady is going to do is come in for probably 5 minutes to make sure the repairs are getting made what progress has been made and what still needs to be done. Then she will report that to your lender. It's not rocket science. Anyone can do that job! You're making a big deal out of nothing! If you're that worried get offline and call your mortgage company.

Last edited by CGab; 03-28-2017 at 08:14 AM..

Old 03-28-2017, 07:45 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,217,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glittery View Post
No, haven't confirmed with PNC. Left message with PNC, no call back yet.

I think I was disturbed because this person has no work experience aside from selling nail products online.

Her husband owns a construction company with bad yelp reviews. Perhaps that's her work experience?
And worse yet, I found her twitter and she posted photos of herself getting a neck tattoo and how bragging big a b---h she is over and over.
I'm sure someone with a neck could do a fine job of verifying repairs. But someone who prides themselves in being rude ?
Not comforting.
But DH confirms that she called herself "the inspector for our house for PNC". So that might be a violation of sorts ?
Wow, I would be concerned as well. I wouldn't wait for an email from PNC I would call directly. I would also call your insurance company and ask if you should be concerned.
And, I would complain about what you've found regarding the legitimacy of this so called inspector.
You certainly don't want to find out down the road that your insurance company wants their payments back. Best to be certain.

Old 03-29-2017, 10:24 PM

1,717 posts, read 1,692,900 times
In this age you have to double check things, especially when someone is coming to your house. Someone you don't know. You just don't let anyone in with a clip board just because they say they are legit. It's safe to check their sources.

I was going to say, take a picture of her at the door and her car - It doesn't hurt to be safe rather than sorry. Home invasions are no joke and you'd be surprised what lengths they'll go to. And it sounds like the wife will be the one letting this person into the home. She should call a friend or neighbor over for coffee and have back up to feel comfortable. It's what my neighbor did when she was selling a couch set on craigslist. When the buyer arranged to come to her house, I got to visit, too.

It's called being smart.

Old 03-29-2017, 10:43 PM

401 posts, read 426,946 times
I worked for an insurance company for many years doing inspections. Be very nice to the person and treat her with respect, she is the one the insurance/PNC is going to trust to provide feedback. It does not matter what you think of her it is what she thinks of your claim and reports back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House