Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2017, 05:22 PM

15,219 posts, read 10,302,595 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
LOL!! Thanks for being so brave to venture out to "the other side". Most men have no idea the straight-jacket we live in. Just FYI, you can swivel the bra around to the front so you can see the hooks. I had to tell my 65 year old sister this when she complained it was getting difficult to reach the back....don't most of us do it this way?

I've always been a "swiveler". Thought all women put their bra on that way. How else do you know if you are hooking it in the right holes?

I have a distaste for feet, especially if they are not kept up. If I'm in public and someone is wearing sandals and they have toe fungus, thick yellow nails, hammertoes or bunions I could just about hurl.

I wonder if the men who never, ever go barefoot were in the military. I know my husband who was a 20 year Air Force guy, said he never went barefoot because he had to be "prepared' for anything at anytime. It was rare to see him without shoes & socks. Sometimes, just socks but never barefoot except at the beach or pool and even then he would wear flip flops until he actually went in the water. He had the softest, smoothest feet I ever saw on an adult, they were like a baby's foot. Maybe there's something to be said for keeping the tootsies covered all the time but I live in Florida and when it's hot which it is 8 months out of the year I don't want anything on my feet indoors. But I will not go barefoot outside. I keep a pair of flip flops at the door for checking the mail and I will wear my shoes from the front door to my closet but if I had a crawling baby, no I would not wear my shoes inside.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2017, 06:26 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,435,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3shipguy View Post
Do you use public bathrooms? Do you walk inside your house with the same pair of shoes? Case closed.
Just curious how you rationalize going barefoot in your own bathroom which surely must have the same types of bacteria as a public restroom........maybe even more since public bathrooms unless in very skeevy places are usually cleaned/sanitized at least once a day and sometimes twice.....far more than most people clean their home bathrooms.

Old 05-08-2017, 12:24 AM

4,902 posts, read 4,213,520 times
When I was younger always barefoot when possible. Not so much now. I will grab my socks when leaving shower and carry them with me to the living room chair then put them on. No barefoot outside anymore.

Old 05-08-2017, 07:48 AM

14,299 posts, read 11,681,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
I've always been a "swiveler". Thought all women put their bra on that way. How else do you know if you are hooking it in the right holes?
If it feels right, of course.

Old 05-08-2017, 02:00 PM

1,011 posts, read 976,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Just curious how you rationalize going barefoot in your own bathroom which surely must have the same types of bacteria as a public restroom........maybe even more since public bathrooms unless in very skeevy places are usually cleaned/sanitized at least once a day and sometimes twice.....far more than most people clean their home bathrooms.

You are responsible for your own bathroom. If you think public bathroom floors are cleaner than yours, then I am at a loss for words...

Old 05-08-2017, 02:54 PM

63 posts, read 152,006 times
I LOVE being barefoot! There are actually lots of internet articles on why it's healthiest to go barefoot as much as possible, but in my own house is the only place I usually do so, unless I'm at a beach. So short answer, when at home, unless it's cold (winter), I'm barefoot, always.

I once knew someone who was really hard-core about being barefoot almost all the time, even in public places. Apparently there's an entire "barefoot movement" of people trying to raise awareness that there are no laws prohibiting bare feet in grocery stores, restaurants, etc... but for me, no way. Life is too short to be arguing with restaurant hosts and grocery store managers all the time, and that's what this guy lived for.

Old 05-08-2017, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3shipguy View Post
You are responsible for your own bathroom. If you think public bathroom floors are cleaner than yours, then I am at a loss for words...
Great on snark, low on logic.

I think you meant to say you are at a loss to explain how your bathroom does not have the same germs/bacteria as any other bathroom whether public or private.

Or maybe you just delusionally believe that not only does your stuff not stink, but it also does not have the same germs/bacteria as the rest of the human race.

Old 05-08-2017, 03:46 PM

745 posts, read 479,769 times
Quote:
Yes, I agree. Because most home residence bathrooms have 10-50 or so people using it every hour.
</END SNARK>

Old 05-08-2017, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locolady View Post
I LOVE being barefoot! There are actually lots of internet articles on why it's healthiest to go barefoot as much as possible, but in my own house is the only place I usually do so, unless I'm at a beach. So short answer, when at home, unless it's cold (winter), I'm barefoot, always.

I once knew someone who was really hard-core about being barefoot almost all the time, even in public places. Apparently there's an entire "barefoot movement" of people trying to raise awareness that there are no laws prohibiting bare feet in grocery stores, restaurants, etc... but for me, no way. Life is too short to be arguing with restaurant hosts and grocery store managers all the time, and that's what this guy lived for.

Kind of funny to me. As a child, my sisters and I went barefoot all the time and almost all places.

In the mid sixties, in a middle class neighborhood, we were going to Macy's and the mall barefooted. No one said diddly, and we weren't the only ones.

We also went to the grocery store, played in our own yard where the dogs did their stuff as well as played in the vacant land across the street with other barefooted kids where wild animals like squirrels etc did their stuff, and played in the creek barefooted.

When we visited our grandparents in a more rural area, we went to the small town near them barefooted and stopped in the gas station for a soda treat, went to the laundromat barefoot, visited the dime store while we waited for the wash to be done, etc... all barefoot.

We were almost never sick other than the usual childhood diseases at that time like chicken pox, measles, mumps for which vaccines were not yet invented.

I don't think we went in restaurants as I believe by then no shoes/no service was in place, but eating out was a rarity then anyway.

This despite the fact that my mother and our grandmother were both some of the most fastidious people on the planet. I am a firm believer that a little dirt/germs in goes a long way towards a strong immune system.

If I survived going barefoot in any number of public places, I seriously doubt anything I bring into my home on my shoes is going to make me sick.

I pay far more attention to what my hands touch and washing them as appropriate.

Old 05-08-2017, 04:08 PM

1,011 posts, read 976,317 times
Quote:
Great on snark, low on logic.

I think you meant to say you are at a loss to explain how your bathroom does not have the same germs/bacteria as any other bathroom whether public or private.

Or maybe you just delusionally believe that not only does your stuff not stink, but it also does not have the same germs/bacteria as the rest of the human race.
I don't know about your bathroom habits, but mine does not involve scores of different people using it on a daily basis. I may use mine twice a day because the majority of the time I am at work and would be using a public bathroom. Logic involves taking into the account the amount of usage by many people with many different unknown habits such as poor aim as well as the frequency of cleaning and how thorough the bathroom is cleaned. Call me strange, but I trust myself more than some janitor hating his/her job scrubbing toilets and bathroom floors. Carry on with your shoe wearing in your house....

Maybe this post now has more logic than snark--happy now?

Last edited by 3shipguy; 05-08-2017 at 04:50 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House