Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2017, 07:20 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,438,184 times

Advertisements

We live in central FL and the majorty of the time we wear flip flops or sandals.

Occasionally, if my feet are hot I go barefoot and my husband tends to go barefoot in the house more than I do. I prefer a slight height to footwear, so I am more apt to wear that kind of flip flop.

One thing I have noticed, is that the few friend, family or other acquaintances who want you to take your shoes off in their homes, is that their floors are filthy lol. I guess they believe since they are shoes off, their floors don't get dirty? Invariably, when I either go barefoot or wear socks, either my feet or my socks are black from walking on their floors.

Funny, when I go barefoot in other homes or my own that doesn't happen. How embarrassing for them and they don't even realize it.

To protect myself from my slovenly shoe free friends I now bring flip flops that have never touched the world outside to protect my feet. God knows how they protect themselves lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2017, 09:58 PM

1,011 posts, read 976,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Way to be disingenuous lol. I could care less whether or not you go barefoot in your on home, or whether or not you require others to take their shoes off in your home. You are the one who decided to pretend like there is some scientific evidence that there is some healthful benefit to this. There is not. End of story.
You read too much into my post. I didn't even write the things you just stated. I never even wrote about any scientific evidence or healthful benefits. Assumptions much? You introduced the bacteria and germs into the discussion. All I stated was walking into a public bathroom with the same shoes you walk into your home. That's it. That was to make for an argument for not wearing your shoes inside your house. It was not even directed personally to you. You can agree or disagree just like everyone else. You proceeded to say that I probably don't think my poop smells like everyone else. So who's making insinuations and attacks? You specifically asked me for an explanation. I gave one. Sorry it wasn't one you agreed with. Wait, after so much thought--my own germs or 20 different strangers'--well, "logically," I should pick the strangers'. Our hygiene and germs are all the same.

So carry on with your shoe wearing ways. I'm done addressing you. Good day.

Last edited by 3shipguy; 05-08-2017 at 10:09 PM..

Old 05-08-2017, 10:55 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,926,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Way to be disingenuous lol. I could care less whether or not you go barefoot in your on home, or whether or not you require others to take their shoes off in your home. You are the one who decided to pretend like there is some scientific evidence that there is some healthful benefit to this. There is not. End of story.
You could care less? So you do care a bit?

Old 05-08-2017, 11:30 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,530,167 times
Barefoot, inside and outside (decks, porch) all year round. Socks for extremely cold days. Shoes are overrated. Keep a pair of slippers at the front door so squeamish visitors won't have to look at my feet.
Why is this an issue? Did some quasi-celebrity (kardashian, omarosa) make it one?

Old 05-09-2017, 08:32 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,154,780 times
As I got older it is comfort for me.. If I want to go barefoot I will and I do in my home.. My parents and grandparents would be shocked. They would never go bare foot, wear jeans, wear sneakers, or God Forbid , sit on the floor as an adult.

Today it is more casual and not so prim. My grandparents and parents were proper to the T. No elbows on the table, chew with your mouth closed, and always speak properly. Proper manners always.. Oh goodness, if someone saw your bare feet.They would faint!

Old 05-11-2017, 04:10 AM

13 posts, read 32,653 times
I never wear shoes or socks in the house. Its too cold here to go bare foot all year round. Therefore, slippers are essential.
Growing up we either wore slippers or went bare foot at home. We didnt walk around in just socks.
Over time i just got used to taking shoes and socks off when i get home.
I have never lived in a house where shoes didnt come off at the door

Old 05-11-2017, 07:11 AM

4,362 posts, read 6,531,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGab View Post
What is a philacule? DO you mean follicle?

I have 2 cats and walk around in the house barefoot when it's warm. I have never had any swelling foot problems due to their hair! And I have had cats for over 20 years! I think your doctor is giving yo a line of BS!
Maybe she has a Porcucat.

Old 05-11-2017, 11:00 AM

7,785 posts, read 18,823,925 times
Before I broke my ankle and developed ankle and foot problems, constantly. Plus we had heated floors in our previous house. Now I can't go around without shoes with support in them.

Old 04-07-2023, 08:28 AM

2,341 posts, read 613,093 times
nope - socks

Old 04-07-2023, 09:27 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,563 posts, read 81,147,605 times
No, I always wear shoes or slippers. I have to be prepared to go outside at any time, because I can't stand being stuck inside all day. I may go out to check on a plant or tree, grab something out of one of the cars, check the mail, or just for fresh air.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House