Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2017, 01:04 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,672,505 times

Advertisements

I still have to clean... just not as much.

The best gutters I have are the Copper European half-pipe design... they move a lot of water and it takes a lot to clog as they are oversize by US Standards... also a breeze to clean due the half-pipe design.

I have lots of Redwoods that always shed and after a windstorm the ground is a carpet of Redwood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2017, 07:02 AM

735 posts, read 1,584,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIcenter View Post
It looks like the gutter cannot be opened. How did they go about cleaning them?
They have a special tool that they slide in and scrape the clogs out and run water through to push it out. It took them less than 10 minutes to clean it.

Old 07-03-2017, 07:19 AM

735 posts, read 1,584,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin2Reston View Post
Several pin oaks here myself, along numerous other trees. Those helicopter things are unreal how much accumulates on my back patio, can only imagine what gets on the roof.

So after you had them installed, did you have them cleaned once or twice every year? They have a service for $199 where they clean the entire system inside and out.

By super size are you referring to the 6" vs the 5"?

Seems they now offer a wrapping that has come out in the past 6-12 months, serves solely as a cosmetic feature for the gap between the roof and the gutter.

One thing I notice is their pricing seems to vary based on current discounts etc. roughly how many feet of gutter did you have installed and what was roughly the ballpark pricing?
For the first 5 years they kept clean. Then they started to clog every year for a few years then twice a year. I started noticing some shingle grit at the downspouts and believe it may have been due to the roof beginning to show its age (12 yr old at the time) but leafguard came a few days after reporting the clogs and never complained. They even made adjustments for free to help with the flow to avoid clogging which seemed to help for awhile.

I believe he size is 6 vs 5 yes. The cost for my last house ~170ft of gutter was $2300 with a $400 discount. The cost for my new house is $6000 for ~350ft with a $800 repeat customer discount. The difference is NC now charges sales tax for services where they did not at the last install and the gutter sized is larger.

One thing to add is they say their new version of the gutter is significantly better at being clog resistant than my last version which I am sure was nothing than a sales pitch.

Old 07-03-2017, 02:18 PM

7,493 posts, read 7,176,530 times
Supposedly there's been a change with the connection to the downspout which prevents any items from gathering around the top of the downspout overall provides for better flow. So for 350 feet of the gutter your final price was about $6000 and that includes the $800 off?

When they initially came out did they start several thousand dollars higher and then offer a special price for the current week or something and then negotiate down further? I neighbor of mine had looked into it and had about 200 feet of gutter and was quoted a price of nearly $8000. This is for the Northern Virginia area so it may be significantly more than North Carolina.

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorfan63 View Post
For the first 5 years they kept clean. Then they started to clog every year for a few years then twice a year. I started noticing some shingle grit at the downspouts and believe it may have been due to the roof beginning to show its age (12 yr old at the time) but leafguard came a few days after reporting the clogs and never complained. They even made adjustments for free to help with the flow to avoid clogging which seemed to help for awhile.

I believe he size is 6 vs 5 yes. The cost for my last house ~170ft of gutter was $2300 with a $400 discount. The cost for my new house is $6000 for ~350ft with a $800 repeat customer discount. The difference is NC now charges sales tax for services where they did not at the last install and the gutter sized is larger.

One thing to add is they say their new version of the gutter is significantly better at being clog resistant than my last version which I am sure was nothing than a sales pitch.

Old 07-05-2017, 05:48 PM

7,493 posts, read 7,176,530 times
Forgot to ask you, was your first house also in NC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorfan63 View Post

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House