Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2017, 09:42 AM

120 posts, read 116,506 times

Advertisements

I had a playhouse custom built for my kids. I shot some video of the finished product:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ms2Ul7T7Vco
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2018, 08:26 PM

I posted this over six months ago and not a single comment? Was the playhouse design that bad?

Old 03-04-2018, 06:25 AM

Location: Finally the house is done and we are in Port St. Lucie!
3,488 posts, read 3,335,073 times
It's really cute. I bet the kids love playing in there!

Old 03-04-2018, 07:57 AM

2,038 posts, read 4,551,924 times
Very nice. I'm hoping to be able to get something like that for my grandkids. The only thing I didn't particularly like is that it faces away from your house. I would be more comfortable having the door face the house so I would be able to see the comings and goings. With the electric supply coming in the back, maybe that was a restriction on where to place the house? Otherwise, nice little getaway for the kids.

Old 03-04-2018, 01:14 PM

17,472 posts, read 66,002,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooterdunk View Post
I posted this over six months ago and not a single comment? Was the playhouse design that bad?

Oh brother!
Every thread doesn't require a response to be entertaining, inspirational, or thought provoking that requires a written response. Besides, its been "read" over 150 times; and I believe it would be safe to assume that more than half of those actually watched your video.

No; I haven't watched it. And no, I have no desire to watch it because my kids are well past that stage of their life.

Old 03-04-2018, 03:29 PM

2,221 posts, read 2,093,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K'ledgeBldr View Post
Oh brother!
Every thread doesn't require a response to be entertaining, inspirational, or thought provoking that requires a written response. Besides, its been "read" over 150 times; and I believe it would be safe to assume that more than half of those actually watched your video.

No; I haven't watched it. And no, I have no desire to watch it because my kids are well past that stage of their life.
I have to giggle. You got some chutzpah going on my friend!

Old 03-13-2018, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjg1963 View Post
Very nice. I'm hoping to be able to get something like that for my grandkids. The only thing I didn't particularly like is that it faces away from your house. I would be more comfortable having the door face the house so I would be able to see the comings and goings. With the electric supply coming in the back, maybe that was a restriction on where to place the house? Otherwise, nice little getaway for the kids.
It was squeezed into that location. Facing it other ways would have required moving too many obstacles. Building it on the other side of the house would have covered our septic system's drain field. We can still see all the comings and goings as we have video surveillance all around our home. Anyone coming on the property is recorded.

Old 03-13-2018, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K'ledgeBldr View Post
Oh brother!

So why did you even bother to respond then? I was looking for opinions on the structure and design, not criticism on my post.

Old 03-13-2018, 08:08 AM

Sorry for the long delay in replies everyone. I don't get on here very much and then usually only because a friend of mine on here bugs me to log in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House