Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2021, 07:15 PM

20,292 posts, read 37,157,521 times

Advertisements

My wife decided to buy a larger size convection toaster/oven like the Panasonic one we have, which by the way works quite well. The idea is to use the toaster oven to toast breads, and bake things that don't require a full size oven. She purchased a Ninja DT251 Foodi 10-to-1 Pro. It has a food thermometer, air fryer, dehydrator, etc. I am very impressed with its looks and function.

This one, but it seems that its price was increased recently (my wife paid $299.00 for it):
https://www.amazon.com/Ninja-DT251-C...s%2C262&sr=8-1

Last edited by RayinAK; 02-10-2021 at 07:24 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2021, 03:41 AM

6,980 posts, read 5,411,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
My wife decided to buy a larger size convection toaster/oven like the Panasonic one we have, which by the way works quite well. The idea is to use the toaster oven to toast breads, and bake things that don't require a full size oven. She purchased a Ninja DT251 Foodi 10-to-1 Pro. It has a food thermometer, air fryer, dehydrator, etc. I am very impressed with its looks and function.

This one, but it seems that its price was increased recently (my wife paid $299.00 for it):
https://www.amazon.com/Ninja-DT251-C...s%2C262&sr=8-1
Bought the ninja foodie pressure cooker/ air crisper love it way better than the insta pot. And we hung insulated drapes in the kitchen also will really help with cooling cost in the summer.

Old 02-11-2021, 05:33 PM

17,600 posts, read 17,629,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Strong cold front approaching for this time next week. Last winter we used one of those electric fireplace units with infrared heat in the living room during the waking hours when it got very cold. Passed it onto my sister for her enclosed sunroom patio. We’ve since seen a dramatic increase in our natural gas bill compared to last winter (aluminum frame single pane windows from 1973). All local businesses have stopped carrying the space heaters and have already stocked window AC units. We placed an order for this heater and it should arrive Thursday.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Duraflame...r-Oak/43088299
Our whole home is 1700 square feet and the living room, dinning room, & kitchen are all open to each other. We plan on putting it in the living area during waking hours at about the same setting as the home thermostat for heat. Below is a link to our previous heater. https://www.electricfireplacesdirect...fi-470-04.html

It worked really well for us with a remote control and digital thermostat. When the other heater arrives and we’ve tried it out I’ll write a review. The previous unit had the advantage of the look of flames without the heat and it offered different levels of brightness for different times of the day when r to set mood lighting.
Got the heater we ordered. Quick set up. Weighs about 30 lbs and is on rollers. Central heat is set for 70 so we turned the heater to 70. Heats up the area fairly quickly. Stopped at around 2 degrees above 70. Fan ran a little longer to cool down. Temperature has to drop to around 68 before it turns back on again. Has a permanent washable mesh screen filter in the back. Remote is simple to use. Less than 2 feet high. Can fit under an end table when not in use.

Old 02-12-2021, 12:52 PM

17,600 posts, read 17,629,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Got the heater we ordered. Quick set up. Weighs about 30 lbs and is on rollers. Central heat is set for 70 so we turned the heater to 70. Heats up the area fairly quickly. Stopped at around 2 degrees above 70. Fan ran a little longer to cool down. Temperature has to drop to around 68 before it turns back on again. Has a permanent washable mesh screen filter in the back. Remote is simple to use. Less than 2 feet high. Can fit under an end table when not in use.
Have it set for one degree above what the home thermostat is set for. Central heat is running much less frequently. Living area is more comfortable. We turned it off last night before bed and turned back on in the morning. It’s very quiet and we hardly notice when it turns on. Digital temperature display is always on and easy to read from across the room. Remote works well from both our recliners across the room from the heater. Heats the whole area fairly quickly. We know the radiator style convection heater is best and more efficient but our living room layout doesn’t allow for its placement. Only good location for a radiator style heater doesn’t have an electrical outlet nearby within the built in power cord range. If there was an outlet in that area that would have been the heater I picked.

Old 02-13-2021, 11:15 AM

32,634 posts, read 47,975,309 times
Someone here recommended a bamboo knife block that goes in a drawer. Sorry, I don't remember who and it was a ways back in this thread and I'm not going to search for it. But anyway, whoever you are, thank you for the suggestion.

I ordered one and it is well made and well designed and is a big help in organizing my "drawer" knifes. It actually gave me some room in the drawer to store some oft-used spices. So it was a good purchase.

Oh gosh... that was way too lazy of me. It was Mayvenne who posted the suggestion.

.https://www.amazon.com/Included-Poin...ct_top?ie=UTF8

Old 02-14-2021, 01:26 AM

23,170 posts, read 26,179,590 times
Replaced all my door knobs with lever handles.

Old 02-15-2021, 08:06 AM

15,219 posts, read 10,299,568 times
My water heater is in the garage and the master bathroom is on the other end of the house. It takes a good 4-5 minutes for my shower to get hot and with the price of water here in Florida, it is such a waste in so many ways. I used to put a bucket in there to catch the water until it got hot but that really didn't work.

Any ideas? Would a tankless water heater work in my situation?

Old 02-15-2021, 09:29 AM

1,624 posts, read 1,354,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
My water heater is in the garage and the master bathroom is on the other end of the house. It takes a good 4-5 minutes for my shower to get hot and with the price of water here in Florida, it is such a waste in so many ways. I used to put a bucket in there to catch the water until it got hot but that really didn't work.

Any ideas? Would a tankless water heater work in my situation?
A recirculation pump with a crossover valve will do the job. It will recirculate the hot water back through the cold water pipes to the water heater. It will give you near-instant hot water to your master bath.

Here is an example -
https://www.amazon.com/Watts-500800-.../dp/B000E78XHG

Old 02-16-2021, 08:13 AM

15,219 posts, read 10,299,568 times
Thank you!

Old 03-21-2021, 08:23 AM

4,723 posts, read 4,413,722 times
Oh my ---- time for some new posts here.
Anyone?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House