Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2018, 11:12 AM

3,947 posts, read 2,571,125 times

Advertisements

I want to add about a fan I bought two years ago. It's a small personal fan, not real small (round fan about the size of my hand plus an inch and a half). I bought it for 5.99 at a local hospice thrift store. Got it home and realized, hey this has one cool temputure setting and two warm settings!

I love love LOVE it during winter! It is like a mini fire place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2018, 12:21 PM

8,775 posts, read 11,901,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ylisa7 View Post
I've had this awhile but I use it often and love it. I call them "granny" carts but they are folding utility carts with wheels. I bought mine at a huge Flea Market when I bought too much produce and couldn't carry it all, lol. Anyway I use it every few days to take my laundry to the clothesline out back.

I also use it at flea markets My friend used hers for Christmas shopping.

It's like this but in blue:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Whitmor-R...Black/16934286

Interesting thread...thanks for starting it. I'm still reading and seeing all kinds of things I wouldn't mind having!

I have one of those carts and it's the best investment I ever made. One day my mom saw me carrying about three bags full of 'stuff' on each arm from my car and said, "I don't know if you're lazy or crazy but you need to do something about that!". lol So, I bought my cart. I can bring everything IN and then I can haul the trash it generates OUT to the trash can. I love it! Also great for hauling stuff to the storage shed out back or wherever I need it to go. Goes up and down steps just fine.

Old 03-26-2018, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Chong View Post
It's funny how the discussion is about mops today I was thinking today how much I loved my microfiber mop with refillable reservoir. I loved the Bona mop for my hardwood floors but they always had issues (Velcro would come off, trigger wouldn't spray, etc...) I was happy to come across this mop https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MYNBGQJ...a-310315844318

I prefer it over Swifter mops since you can use your own cleaning solution and throw the mop head in the washing machine

When I moved into my house three years ago I bought just about everything Swiffer makes for floor care. I have, what seems like, 5 acres of wood and tile floors. I liked Swiffer well enough but then I had to have the "as seen on TV" Hurricane Mop. I love it too because you can use the foot pedal to get as much water out of the mop as you want. Use it like a damp dust mop. But THEN...lol...I saw and bought a Bissell Crosswave that vacuums and mops at the same time! I REALLY love that! I have COPD that sometimes kicks my butt when I have to be very 'energetic' so eliminating one process helps me out a lot. The floors dry real quick and then I can use a Swiffer sweeper pad to apply the liquid shine 'stuff'. It's also great for cleaning my large area rugs and has settings for both floor and rugs.

Old 03-26-2018, 01:30 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,675,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
When I moved into my house three years ago I bought just about everything Swiffer makes for floor care. I have, what seems like, 5 acres of wood and tile floors. I liked Swiffer well enough but then I had to have the "as seen on TV" Hurricane Mop. I love it too because you can use the foot pedal to get as much water out of the mop as you want. Use it like a damp dust mop. But THEN...lol...I saw and bought a Bissell Crosswave that vacuums and mops at the same time! I REALLY love that! I have COPD that sometimes kicks my butt when I have to be very 'energetic' so eliminating one process helps me out a lot. The floors dry real quick and then I can use a Swiffer sweeper pad to apply the liquid shine 'stuff'. It's also great for cleaning my large area rugs and has settings for both floor and rugs.
We have a Bissell Crosswave. Interesting concept and it works great!

Old 03-26-2018, 08:46 PM

284 posts, read 269,169 times
Electric kettle I LOVEEE IT

Old 03-27-2018, 05:55 AM

8,411 posts, read 7,417,724 times
Ego electric mower 56v. I bought it 3 years ago. Still runs like a champ!

Old 03-27-2018, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
We have a Bissell Crosswave. Interesting concept and it works great!

It does, doesn't it? I really like it but was hesitant because of the cost. Got lucky though. It was on sale, free shipping AND I still got my employee discount. Don't usually get the discount if it's on sale. It's not nearly as expensive as some though.

Old 03-27-2018, 07:58 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,380,896 times
In the spring time I always need to lose a few extra pounds so that is when the blender comes out and I start making green smoothies for one of my meals each day. I have an older Ninja blender back home that has never done a good job on kale and it is very loud. Now I am in FL and needed a new blender. After a lot of research and going back and forth I decided on one. I also didn't want to spend the kind of money needed for a Vitamix.

I ended up getting the COSORI 1500W Blender for Shakes and Smoothies, Professional Kitchen Smoothie Blender Maker. This blender is incredible. I have used it 4 times now and it is heavy duty. Where my Ninja took 2-3 minutes to chop up kale and did a poor job this new blender makes it all smooth in 30 seconds. So far so good. I love it and and very happy with it.

Well as usual Amazon changed the price. I paid $118 for it. It will probably go down in a day or 2.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Old 03-27-2018, 03:40 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristenleex View Post
Electric kettle I LOVEEE IT
Oh heck to the yes. I love mine too. I got a refurbished KitchenAid one in cobalt blue for $20 from the KitchenAid outlet in Ohio!

I wondered if or why I would even use one so I bought a cheapo one at WalMart just to try it out and loved it so much that I "upgraded." It heats water so fast it's unbelievable (they both do). I use it several times a day in fact.

Old 03-27-2018, 08:19 PM

284 posts, read 269,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Oh heck to the yes. I love mine too. I got a refurbished KitchenAid one in cobalt blue for $20 from the KitchenAid outlet in Ohio!

I wondered if or why I would even use one so I bought a cheapo one at WalMart just to try it out and loved it so much that I "upgraded." It heats water so fast it's unbelievable (they both do). I use it several times a day in fact.
I literally texted my husband the first day I used it and said “this is soooo fast” I have multiple cups of tea a day. I don’t know what brand mine is but it’s copper and matched my kitchen so that’s why I bought it lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House