Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2018, 06:31 PM

2,480 posts, read 1,550,658 times

Advertisements

Got these not too long ago. Wall sconce lights for over the bed. Don’t even get me started on the outside of the house.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2018, 06:51 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,699,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcfas View Post
Without going back through this thread, I’m guessing these or something very silimilar have already been posted. Love them. They are sundowner light bulbs.
We used those in our previous outside lights which we have replaced. Last a long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcfas View Post
Got these not too long ago. Wall sconce lights for over the bed. Don’t even get me started on the outside of the house.

Why not? We all love a good story!

Old 12-04-2018, 06:40 AM

3,576 posts, read 2,196,836 times
Roomba Vacuums and Irobot Braava robot mops! These are my favorite purchases. I had them before our house burned , they were one of the few things I bought after we found a rental. I have asthma and chronic bronchitis so there are many days I don't have enough air to be able to vacuum or wash floors, these guys do an amazing job!

Old 12-04-2018, 12:08 PM

48 posts, read 31,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
I've installed Firestick a number of times on various systems. Never a problem. Is Fire TV Cube more difficult? I would think the install and set up would be the same. Read through the process on Amazon. Looks the same. What problems are you having?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...HTZT9RGHBUD8JE
I havent had problems per say.
But it takessome time setting up depending on what you link it to. I love the gadget...

Smart lights, voice actuated entertainment controls... before you know it the house is minority report. Hahah

Old 12-04-2018, 02:41 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,699,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingToRetire View Post
I havent had problems per say.
But it takessome time setting up depending on what you link it to. I love the gadget...

Smart lights, voice actuated entertainment controls... before you know it the house is minority report. Hahah
What you connect to is key. The last person I helped had an ancient TV. One of those that is real thick with a bright light in the back. He had a $450 remote that had to be programmed by a technician, a high falootin' receiver, crazy expensive speakers, and wanted the Firestick connected.

Hulu, Netflix, a couple of others. It was a bit of a hassle but we made everything work. The only weird thing was asking the remote to go to Hulu immediately sent the system to HDMI2 and the system would not change. He had to restart everything. He won't be using voice commands...

My wife has one in the game/guest room for when she wants to watch shows I don't care for. Easy setup there. Only cable.

Old 12-05-2018, 12:14 AM

30,585 posts, read 25,156,596 times
I bought a large seagrass basket at Target to put our furry throws in when we aren’t using them. The throws slip off my leather sofa and chairs, and I have a hard time keeping them looking nice.

Now that I have the basket, I just drop them in, and they seem to artfully arrange themselves.

Old 12-06-2018, 04:54 PM

199 posts, read 158,586 times
We didn't buy it (it was already installed in our new house), but a Ring doorbell. It's great to be able to see who's at the door, and if you're not home you can talk through the speaker to say you'll be there shortly - or pretend you are home if it's someone trying to steal a package off your porch.

I don't know if I would've bought it on my own, because I had never heard of them, but it's pretty cool!

Old 12-07-2018, 08:51 AM

4,596 posts, read 6,427,227 times
I love my new Nest thermostat. I love being able to adjust the heat before I leave work so it when be warm when I go home. I love it that it is taking notes on my preferences and responding throughout time.

Old 12-07-2018, 09:01 AM

2,538 posts, read 1,910,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheelhombre View Post
I love my new Nest thermostat. I love being able to adjust the heat before I leave work so it when be warm when I go home. I love it that it is taking notes on my preferences and responding throughout time.
I have a Nest now, but when I bought my house in TN, I was still living in GA and did not have Internet at the new house. So, when the HVAC crapped out last January, I had no idea until I came up here and found the temperature in the house was 40 degrees. Fortunately, I had no pipes burst, but the Nest is a great tool to monitor the temp in your house when you travel so you can take action to prevent possible disasters.

Old 12-10-2018, 05:11 AM

4,725 posts, read 4,420,706 times
Since this thread is such a wealth of information, I did try searching but came up blank. Does anyone have a great way to store(hang?) brooms, mops, perhaps even an upright vacuum - or is that too heavy?
I am trying to figure out where to store these things.
At present , in my entry closet which is not ideal. Thinking about perhaps hanging them in garage right outside the door.
Just figured I would see if someone has a great solution.
thank you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House