Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2019, 10:11 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,675,571 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cp102 View Post
The microwave drawer that will be built into our island! I don't like the microwave over the range so I had it sitting on a counter. This frees up counter space and it looks so much better.
Pictures?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2019, 11:56 AM

2,106 posts, read 977,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by george chong View Post
instant pot - i love it

lol

Old 03-30-2019, 12:55 PM

17,705 posts, read 29,796,003 times
I went all out today.
Bought a new battery for our backup sump pump.

Old 03-30-2019, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
I went all out today.
Bought a new battery for our backup sump pump.
I installed a backup that runs on water pressure. Saved us when we were gone for the summer getting our new house going. Of course it was one of the rainiest on record. Water bill sucked, but cost a lot less than fixing/repairing everything in the basement.

Old 03-31-2019, 07:28 AM

5,863 posts, read 11,917,859 times
My son and family just built a new house and we gave them our old solid oak Mission style bedroom furniture. My husband was aghast when I offered it to them, but it's too old and heavy for us. We bought it 20 years ago and it will last his lifetime (and maybe his son's) as well.

We also upgraded to a king from a queen mattress. So....we sprung for one of those adjustable bed frames. Whoa - I am sleeping so well and most of my back pain is gone. Why we didn't do this sooner, I don't know!

Old 03-31-2019, 05:18 PM

We have been contemplating an adjustable bed. I know we can fit the purchase in somewhere among all the other things. Like our next car or my new hearing aids, or completely re-landscaping the yard, or...

Old 04-01-2019, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
We have been contemplating an adjustable bed. I know we can fit the purchase in somewhere among all the other things. Like our next car or my new hearing aids, or completely re-landscaping the yard, or...
Ha ha, yes I know - I had several other things that were a higher priority, but I'm not regretting this one having moved to the top of the list at all!

Old 04-01-2019, 11:36 AM

1,844 posts, read 3,937,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlady View Post
We also upgraded to a king from a queen mattress. So....we sprung for one of those adjustable bed frames. Whoa - I am sleeping so well and most of my back pain is gone. Why we didn't do this sooner, I don't know!
Wow!!! I never knew about those and they look wonderful. What a terrific idea. Is it hard to pick one that is good? Did you buy one with the mattress included? Which one did you get? Does yours ever get jammed?

I'm definitely interested... ;D

Old 04-01-2019, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA2SGF View Post
Wow!!! I never knew about those and they look wonderful. What a terrific idea. Is it hard to pick one that is good? Did you buy one with the mattress included? Which one did you get? Does yours ever get jammed?

I'm definitely interested... ;D
We previously had a Denver Mattress Doctors Choice Elite Plush mattress. We had planned to buy the same in the king size. When we went to the DM store, they had the mattress on one of those adjustable bases so we tried it. I could not believe how it relieved the pressure on my back when raising the legs. I thought $2400 was pretty reasonable.

Old 04-02-2019, 04:21 AM

577 posts, read 493,266 times
Our attached garage is under our homes roof, so I'll call it part of our house anyway.

I noticed my car as it sat in the garage over time, kept getting a layer of dust on it way too often. I use my old wall mounted Kobalt vacuum in the garage a lot. It has the standard 6 in. round paper pleated "shop" vac filter in it.

One day as I was vacuuming the carpets in my car in the garage. Just at that time the suns rays were shining through the garage window.

I noticed while vacuuming in the sun ray's, I could see a dust trail blowing over my car hood, that was originating from the wall vacuum's air discharge port. The port had the hinged door with the black foam in it as a discharge filter.

So I bought some "stuff" and built this removable accessory for my wall vac. And it works great for me now, and I do not have to "detail dust" my car, half as much as I used to do. All parts including the HEPA filter costs me around $25.00 and worth it.

Last edited by greglovesoldtrucks; 04-04-2019 at 04:27 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House