Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2018, 12:58 PM

5,853 posts, read 5,280,356 times

Advertisements

I have a double deep granite-composite white sink. I can't remember what brand. I LOVE IT! What I really love about it, the size! I confess that I don't wash dishes everyday when it is just Hubby & me. We pile up the dishes in one side and the other side is still usable. When I have a big pot or the wok to clean, it fits in the sink (more on one side than the other).

Cat
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2018, 09:25 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,454,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrsource View Post
I have this in Truffle. Matches one of the colors in my granite and the grout in my subway tile backsplash! Had stainless in last home and didn’t like the scratching or having to dry it to keep it looking good.

Those are my granddaughters making biscotti in my kitchen. . .
What a lovely kitchen, and lovely granddaughters, too, of course.

Old 03-07-2018, 09:31 PM

37,608 posts, read 45,988,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
At less than 18 inches across you can't even lay a medium sized frying pan flat in that sink to let it soak, certainly good sized baking pans won't fit at all. That's certainly a lot smaller basin than a single sink in the same area would have. An 18 x 24 oven rack? Not even close.
I don't know what a medium-sized frying pan is to you, but my largest one sits completely flat in the bottom of my larger sink, without even touching the sides. It's just over 20" long from handle to handle.

As far as baking pans, I have never had any issues cleaning them. If you think that you have to lay them flat to clean them, you are wrong. I would much rather have a double sink and use only the room I need. I spend far less time cleaning a sink, and definitely less time filling a basin with water. And I don't have to keep an ugly plastic tub in my sink either. I consider that a bonus - I think they look awful.
And an oven rack? LOL. I have never EVER had to remove an oven rack from the oven to clean it. I guess I am just a little neater than you are.
Attached Thumbnails
What's your favorite Kitchen Sink?-pan.jpg  

Last edited by ChessieMom; 03-07-2018 at 10:17 PM..

Old 03-07-2018, 09:39 PM

37,608 posts, read 45,988,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jelenap View Post
Obviously you've never baked the poppy seed buns when the filling leaked out and caramelized on the sheets almost to the point if hard candy.
Caramelization is super easy to clean with hot water. No need to soak it at all. And if it is to the point of hard candy, it simply cracks off.

Old 03-08-2018, 03:06 AM

11,025 posts, read 7,838,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I don't know what a medium-sized frying pan is to you, but my largest one sits completely flat in the bottom of my larger sink, without even touching the sides. It's just over 20" long from handle to handle.

As far as baking pans, I have never had any issues cleaning them. If you think that you have to lay them flat to clean them, you are wrong. I would much rather have a double sink and use only the room I need. I spend far less time cleaning a sink, and definitely less time filling a basin with water. And I don't have to keep an ugly plastic tub in my sink either. I consider that a bonus - I think they look awful.
And an oven rack? LOL. I have never EVER had to remove an oven rack from the oven to clean it. I guess I am just a little neater than you are.
That sink looks to be rectangular rather than square like the one linked to earlier and at less than 18" across with deeply rounded corners I'm surprised that pan fits in. Is that the Kohler you said was your top choice? I've never used a plastic tub inside a sink and I've never had a double sink at home but they make me crazy when I've used them elsewhere because it seems I often end up with the pots and pans and letting some soak for a while sure makes cleanup easier for me. There's also no need to fill a sink completely to clean a pan that's less than 3 inches deep.

I don't concern myself with getting things messy when I cook knowing I can get everything but the oven itself in the sink later on. I mentioned in a different thread that I once built a pretty large spec house that had a real big kitchen with a double window facing the backyard. I put two full sized sinks in front of that window, each with its own faucet set. The best of both worlds! It also had two dishwashers.

Old 03-08-2018, 03:59 AM

2,538 posts, read 1,910,104 times
It is obvious from this thread that people cook and clean differently. It's nice to have a variety of sink choices so everyone can choose what suits them best. The biggest challenge is that we tend to go with what we know. The varying opinions can open our minds to other options and isn't that lovely?

Old 03-08-2018, 06:39 AM

10,599 posts, read 17,894,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrsource View Post
I have this in Truffle. Matches one of the colors in my granite and the grout in my subway tile backsplash! Had stainless in last home and didn’t like the scratching or having to dry it to keep it looking good.

Those are my granddaughters making biscotti in my kitchen. . .
Gorgeous. Nice choice of grout color on the backsplash, too.

Old 03-08-2018, 06:43 AM

Quote:
I clean it just like I always have. I use a scrubber or a brush. Never understood why some think that you have to lay a baking sheet down flat to clean it. There isn’t one single dish, pot, or pan that I can not easily clean in my sink.

snip

Because we don't want to; not that were're not intelligent or experienced enough to figure it out.

Old 03-08-2018, 06:49 AM

Quote:

My 10 inch Demeyere is 19 inches including the handle and does not even fit in the larger side of my split sink.

And no, I'm not lacking the skills to know how to wash it. And it doesn't even need much washing since it's a Demeyere.

And it also weighs five pounds. So clanging it around on porcelain isn't exactly smart either.

Old 03-08-2018, 09:51 AM

997 posts, read 710,354 times
A deep oblong single stainless sink. Its holds more than the standard double sink, including large pots, wash pan, and buckets. Its also convenient if I want to wash/dye my hair which requires a deep sink with sprayer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House