Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2008, 06:32 PM

4,948 posts, read 18,646,967 times

Advertisements

After all the advise buy a carpet cleaner at wallmart-grout ! I just did decide
hire a pro, the machine at first at a problem, I had used them b4- I do think it was a 4 hr job-they really did the old carpet great, the grout white, was never sealed, anyway it looks real nice. they had stuff, I never would be able to buy-cost 250.00 it saved me buying carpet, etc.and it really smells clean.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2008, 06:27 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,085,591 times
I am curious, the carpet guy cleaned your grout? How did they do that? I have tile in my kitchen which once upon a time was light green grout, I think. I want to have it cleaned and I found a cleaner to do it, but it is no easy project, lots of scrubing involved with a brush.

Old 03-27-2008, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
I am curious, the carpet guy cleaned your grout? How did they do that? I have tile in my kitchen which once upon a time was light green grout, I think. I want to have it cleaned and I found a cleaner to do it, but it is no easy project, lots of scrubing involved with a brush.
he did a real great job-the truck the first day gave him a hard time with suction. he did the grout in a small bath, and den the rug in my big bedroom he was here for 3 hrs. then came back and did this big great room and
laundry room with the grout and entry for 2 hrs. he had what look like the oreck orbiter, and a huge suction hose-put down a cleaning solution
and spent mega energy with the power of the heat-hot to clean. it still is not pearly white, but is 80 percent better. i never had it sealed, and did not know about this. however the the whole house seems alot cleaner.
i have tried tooth brush etc., oh, it was 18 months since they did it.
i do know stanley steamer does this, and sears which goodhousekeeping rated highly. I just got to the point of I could not stand it. I do think sealing it then is best, I did not do it, and he did not try to pressure me to do it.
they have also repaired this carpet from a dog that decided to chew it, why
i picked them. there is no way hand power can clean this because you just do not have the heat and pressure. he also had a hose wand with white like a tooth brush, just way bigger that went into where the grout lines are, and the hose cleaned up all the dirt and etc.,and suction and water heat.

Old 04-01-2008, 03:52 PM

9 posts, read 44,507 times
Default Rent An Orbiter

You Can Rent A Smaller Size ORECK Orbiter from your local Oreck store. Its About 12in Across And Scrub Your Grout! Takes All The Work Out It. I believe The Rental Is $24.99 For 2 Days Plus Cleaning Products Or You Can Use Your Own Cleaning Stuff Ie.clorox Ect..with The Machine You Can Also Dry Clean Your Carpets Say If You Just Have Traffic Dirt Because Once You Get Your Padding Wet Shampooing Its Never As Plush And You Usually Have To Get The Carpet Restreched

Last edited by MZFRECKS; 04-01-2008 at 04:16 PM..

Old 04-01-2008, 04:07 PM

883 posts, read 3,709,294 times
Do you mind if I ask how much you were charged for the grout cleaning? I really need this done in 4 rooms & I'm afraid its going to cost a fortune to get it done professionally!!

Old 04-01-2008, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeygorilla View Post
Do you mind if I ask how much you were charged for the grout cleaning? I really need this done in 4 rooms & I'm afraid its going to cost a fortune to get it done professionally!!
first of all, i had not had this done in 18 months- I had two dogs-one here-the
one dog would eat her food, so fast, and upchuck it- I had the Laudry room-entry way, tile in one unused bathroom,kitchen-bad-and rug done-I was not in the mood to pay mega money for new rugs-and the bedroom with tile-for dogs and computer also.
it took like 4 hrs-then i had the guy help me flip my mattress-for a 20 tip. the master carpet bedroom was also cleaned. for this price.and closet.
there was no way all this yuck from my 9 year rug-yes it had been cleaned around 4 times. Anyway, I feel my rugs will hang out for 8 more years! grout
it does beat the old way. and if you get the tax rebate-the grout is what is most costly-it will look so great! it really beats doing it yourself-they have the hot heat etc. I would say 300.00 but if you do not have rugs which I had done also my bedroom and the greatroom-in might take off 75.00.or 100.00 I have wall to wall- so figure that into it also. maybe 240.00 or less. here staley s is always giving rebates, rated good by good house keeping-chech out you local rug places-grout is the worst-however, it should clean up for under 300.00 and I am happy! sears got a good rating also-g.h.i guess it can be sealed-I just left it as is.

Last edited by maggiekate; 04-01-2008 at 07:24 PM..

Old 04-01-2008, 07:28 PM

883 posts, read 3,709,294 times
Thanks maggiekate!! That's less than I was expecting!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House