Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2018, 07:13 PM

834 posts, read 743,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenSparkles View Post
You could try this prank - its called "liquid a$$" - its a super smelly, clear, non-toxic liquid that can be sprayed somewhere that you want people to disperse from. Could be fun if you could figure out a way to squirt some on their patio.

Just make sure you keep your doors and windows closed when you do it! Maybe right before you leave on vacation. But then it wouldn't be as fun as being able to sit there and listen to them freak out trying to figure out where the smell is coming from.
Great idea! I don't want to be petty, but that's pretty funny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2018, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
And keep doing it. Mention the rental situation, that may well be against the CCRs. The noise itself after 10 or 11 is a violation.
They all are. I think we're worried about retaliation. They already have gigantic wind chimes, or had, they lie when security comes and sit in the dark until they leave.

Old 05-16-2018, 07:18 PM

5,331 posts, read 8,537,849 times
This page has some good advice: NoiseOFF - Noise Pollution - Neighbors as does this https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclope...noise-faq.html

If you really don't want to move, you should look up the noise ordinances for your city. In mine, loud, repetitive, raucous, or continuous non-amplified human voices between 10pm and 7am are legally considered a public nuisance.

I am currently dealing with some neighbor noise involving musical instruments, so I have been doing a lot of reading on this subject lately.

Old 05-16-2018, 07:20 PM

Quote:
I am super sensitive to noise so I feel your pain. As I was reading your description of this situation, I could clearly visualize exactly what it would feel like to be in your home and unable to escape their noise. It would drive me totally batty.

I went through something similar a couple of years ago.. but thankfully it was temporary. Some new people moved into a building next door (renting), and every night they would sit out on their balcony with friends yapping loudly for hours. After a couple of weeks, they got bored and started going out instead, and the noise was over.

I don't understand people who are so inconsiderate about how they affect others. We all occasionally bother others, but when you do it constantly and you are aware others are bothered... those are the folks I just don't get.
Thanks. And agreed. We lived under a flight path, next to barking dogs, etc. but have never felt the need to complain. We can hear every word of their conversations over the fans/filters/white noise, with squealing and giggling. The sick man coughing and hacking for hours. We've recorded quite a bit.

It's just disturbing at this point. We've never lived in an apartment this loud.

They keep talking about their, "needs," to smoke meridians outside at night, to be outside talking after 10:00 pm, to live their lifestyle. Why did they buy a house next to a school? In the suburbs? There are bigger and cheaper houses here on larger lots nearby that are older and don't have HOAs...not that anyone should be forced to live next to them. I hope our buyers are hard of hearing.

DH actually has hearing loss in both ears. I think it's the vibrations that get to him...

Old 05-16-2018, 07:49 PM

294 posts, read 292,558 times
Yes, I would move. Quality of life...

Old 05-16-2018, 07:51 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,565,388 times
Quote:
You could try this prank - its called "liquid a$$" - its a super smelly, clear, non-toxic liquid that can be sprayed somewhere that you want people to disperse from. Could be fun if you could figure out a way to squirt some on their patio.

Just make sure you keep your doors and windows closed when you do it! Maybe right before you leave on vacation. But then it wouldn't be as fun as being able to sit there and listen to them freak out trying to figure out where the smell is coming from.
I just read the Neighbor Revenge stories and almost died laughing. Bad neighbors should beware!

Old 05-16-2018, 07:53 PM

5,717 posts, read 18,906,789 times
Seems to me to be a non issue. If they are up all night, mow the lawn early the next morning. Run the radio too while fiddling in the yard. I can assure you, every night they stayed up late and kept me up, they'd be up real darn early listening to me and my crap. Frankly, I'd even take the muffler off of the lawn mower for good luck. I'd make sure it got to run a lot between the houses while I was doing something else, like having a beverage. Got a car at home that needs work? How about fixing the fence? Surely it needs some nails in it some where. Have skil saw, they make great noise- build something even if its not wanted. Make noise.

Old 05-16-2018, 08:42 PM

715 posts, read 1,073,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abcdefg567 View Post
Awe, thank you! Yes, our interest rate will be about 1% higher, DH just took a pay cut...it's not ideal.

We're in CO. Only medicinal is legal in our city, or at least sold, but they have allergies so evidently can't smoke it inside.

One of their tenants has a disease where he needs to constantly smoke all night... supposedly.
No ma’am. We would not be paying a higher interest rate and putting ourselves in a financial bind because of some weed heads. HOA, police, noise... on a consistent rotation... you have to fight back. That rental situation can’t be legal, report it. You need to go to war for your home!

I just read the stinkie liquid suggestion. That would be perfect. Make the neighbors think it’s coming from a skunk or something. It’s time for some devious suggestions to take back your peace of mind!

SN: This is exactly why I don’t want that mess to become legal here in IL.

Old 05-16-2018, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangomadness View Post
No ma’am. We would not be paying a higher interest rate and putting ourselves in a financial bind because of some weed heads. HOA, police, noise... on a consistent rotation... you have to fight back. That rental situation can’t be legal, report it. You need to go to war for your home!

I just read the stinkie liquid suggestion. That would be perfect. Make the neighbors think it’s coming from a skunk or something. It’s time for some devious suggestions to take back your peace of mind!

SN: This is exactly why I don’t want that mess to become legal here in IL.
Ha, this made me lol. I'm wondering if they can even smell though...

Old 05-16-2018, 08:49 PM

Quote:
This page has some good advice: NoiseOFF - Noise Pollution - Neighbors as does this https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclope...noise-faq.html

If you really don't want to move, you should look up the noise ordinances for your city. In mine, loud, repetitive, raucous, or continuous non-amplified human voices between 10pm and 7am are legally considered a public nuisance.

I am currently dealing with some neighbor noise involving musical instruments, so I have been doing a lot of reading on this subject lately.
Oh goodness, that's too bad.

Sometimes they get out their accoustic guitar and try to sing. It's really awful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House