Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2019, 09:28 PM

13,447 posts, read 15,466,742 times

Advertisements

I like our hobby room (aka the finished bonus room). It's really my husband's room, lol, but it's open for family usage so it's become the real hub of our household. Lots of board games, computer, video game consoles, geeky stuff...

next for me would be our outside space. i'm really trying to get that looking great. that's really my space.

actually i just like our home in general...all of it I like. too bad i won't hold onto it after retirement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2019, 05:17 PM

372 posts, read 219,808 times
My bedroom ,easily.

A good size room I have a 55 inch TV, Netflix, etc, plus my stereo because I still have aa couple of hundred cd's. Spend the most time there.

Next, the study/computer room.

For the sheer joy from an activity, my 'studio', where I paint. I know my paintings suck, but I like them.

Old 04-13-2019, 02:07 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,672,588 times
okay, 90% done with bar room; just a coffee table missing. some game of thrones decorative items for tomorrows season premier party.

Old 04-13-2019, 03:40 PM

2,556 posts, read 2,282,036 times
Just moved into my new house and am finally unpacked and settled. So far I really like each room for what it brings me.

* Living Room/Kitchen: Open to each other (oh, I know, horrors!). I am enjoying the openness. I have my living room set up so that my sofa is floated in the middle of the room. My old, mid-century round coffee table goes perfectly here (at my old house, I had it stored in the basement). I like that I can get up to get a cup of coffee, or cook, or chop, or do some dishes, or general cleaning and can watch TV while I do so. These rooms also get a ton of light, I had bottom-up shades installed, so I enjoy the light all day long.

* Master Bedroom: A good size, I had a closet organization system done, so I have a place for everything and no clutter. I love my bed, it's so comfortable and my shades have a blackout quality, so I sleep really well here. It's quiet and soothing and serene.

* Master Bathroom: It is sooooo nice to have a master bath again! And this one is particularly wonderful for me as I have a big, walk-in shower. Always in the past I had the shower/tub deal. Always wanted a big shower like this.

* Guest Bedroom: I just finished decorating this (except for a rug that is on order) and I'm really happy the way this turned out. It is lovely and cozy and ready for friend to come and stay.

* Office/Den: This was the one room I wasn't sure how it would turn out, but now that it is ready, I am loving it. This was the first week I worked in there and it was perfect. I have a desk and a good desk chair and a lounge-y chair and a half with a small ottoman as well. It came out very well and comfortable. I'm having a deck built in May and will be replacing the window there with a door out to it, so I expect it to be even more lovely and functional.

My house is small and all on one floor, so I am enjoying just floating in and out of all of these rooms. I didn't really do much of that when I lived on multiple levels.

Old 04-13-2019, 03:57 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,135,704 times
My living area, which I’ve worked to make into a haven for us and a welcoming space for guests..

Old 04-18-2019, 10:38 PM

7,087 posts, read 8,629,910 times
This was such an easy choice when I responded to the thread, but we just bought a new house that’s laid out differently and it suddenly is going to be a close race. Whereas now everything fun is in the daylight basement from gym equipment to 75” and 65” TVs to air hockey to arcade and pinball to a massage chair, they’re all being split up. Now in the new house (we don’t move until August, it’s not done yet), it’ll actually be close between:

1) Living room (that flows into the kitchen and dining area, all one space): 85” TV, installed speaker system, arcade, and pinball.

2) Gaming / sports room: two 75” TVs and the bulk of my sports memorabilia.

3) Loft / gym: 20x17 space with every piece of fitness gear, the massage chair, 75” TV, and an attached balcony with an unobstructed view of the Las Vegas Strip.

It’s honestly tough to say because the living room pulls closer as the main movie watching zone, but I know I’ll spend a large amount of time in the gaming room (more my man cave), and it wouldn’t be as close with #3 but I work out during a lot of sports events which is fun and the view is so amazing, it pulls that closer too.

Old 04-19-2019, 07:17 AM

2,556 posts, read 2,282,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
This was such an easy choice when I responded to the thread, but we just bought a new house that’s laid out differently and it suddenly is going to be a close race. Whereas now everything fun is in the daylight basement from gym equipment to 75” and 65” TVs to air hockey to arcade and pinball to a massage chair, they’re all being split up. Now in the new house (we don’t move until August, it’s not done yet), it’ll actually be close between:

1) Living room (that flows into the kitchen and dining area, all one space): 85” TV, installed speaker system, arcade, and pinball.

2) Gaming / sports room: two 75” TVs and the bulk of my sports memorabilia.

3) Loft / gym: 20x17 space with every piece of fitness gear, the massage chair, 75” TV, and an attached balcony with an unobstructed view of the Las Vegas Strip.

It’s honestly tough to say because the living room pulls closer as the main movie watching zone, but I know I’ll spend a large amount of time in the gaming room (more my man cave), and it wouldn’t be as close with #3 but I work out during a lot of sports events which is fun and the view is so amazing, it pulls that closer too.
You'll probably have to live in the space for a while before you get a feel for what room ends up your favorite. Or you can end up like me and love everything so much, you end up floating in and out of all of them. In my case, it's all on one floor, so it's a little easier though.

Old 04-20-2019, 02:08 AM

7,087 posts, read 8,629,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizcuit View Post
You'll probably have to live in the space for a while before you get a feel for what room ends up your favorite. Or you can end up like me and love everything so much, you end up floating in and out of all of them. In my case, it's all on one floor, so it's a little easier though.
Haha yeah I feel like you’re completely right, I will have to decide after a while living there how it all pans out. I mean I also have a home office but, you know, that’s where the work happens and as much as I love that and all, it’s not going to be my favorite room.

If I could choose a non-room, our backyard with pool / hot tub / fire pit would be my favorite! I can’t wait.

Old 04-20-2019, 05:49 AM

4,537 posts, read 6,795,938 times
The sunroom is my favorite indoor room. It has 3 walls of windows and is where we spend the majority of our time inside. However, when the weather is nice, we have a large screened porch overlooking our gardens and Koi pond that is like heaven in the early morning and evenings.

Last edited by Lincolnian; 04-20-2019 at 06:09 AM..

Old 08-27-2019, 11:05 AM

13 posts, read 10,263 times
My bedroom
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House