Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2018, 05:44 AM

8 posts, read 6,897 times

Advertisements

Thank you for the reply. Would asbestos tape leave fiber residue like this when removed or is it more that it is built into the tape? What I was initially thinking was that when the tape was removed, fibers were left over. My guess is that it's not possible for the tape to leave residue like this.

Thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2018, 11:21 AM

3,468 posts, read 7,237,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazzah View Post
Thank you for the reply. Would asbestos tape leave fiber residue like this when removed or is it more that it is built into the tape? What I was initially thinking was that when the tape was removed, fibers were left over. My guess is that it's not possible for the tape to leave residue like this.

Thoughts?
You are probably doomed. Get your affairs in order pronto.

Old 07-22-2018, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinB View Post
I figured as much. The possible tape residue, along with the ceiling fan install in two rooms, sanding of insulation holes, having insulation (probably original to the house) removed by an insulation company who used some kind of big vacuum, scrubbing stucco, and being around when outlet wiring was cut/pulled back will all contribute to my demise.

I will begin work on my will.

Old 07-22-2018, 11:40 AM

17,705 posts, read 29,796,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinB View Post
Please have your survivors post the date/time/location of your wake so we can attend (I expect an open bar).
Thank you.

Old 07-22-2018, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
Please have your survivors post the date/time/location of your wake so we can attend (I expect an open bar).
Thank you.
There will be no open bar. I'll pre-buy you one beer for your help in this thread.

I will be hoping that a pill is produced that will dissolve asbestos in your lungs. Maybe I can be saved.

Old 07-22-2018, 12:08 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,320,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazzah View Post
There will be no open bar. I'll pre-buy you one beer for your help in this thread.

I will be hoping that a pill is produced that will dissolve asbestos in your lungs. Maybe I can be saved.
You would never be able to survive any pill that could dissolve asbestos. If the pipes are not disturbed fires will not be released.

Old 07-22-2018, 02:09 PM

3,007 posts, read 3,130,360 times
I grew up in a house full of asbestos, the siding outside was asbestos, and the interior wall boards were asbestos and so were the floor tiles. My parents were two pack day smokers until I was 10.
Neither my parents nor my sister nor I ever had lung problems My mom dies of Heart attack and dad died of old age.

Old 07-22-2018, 06:26 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,308,274 times
Undisturbed is safe.

I find it interesting that 3 countries allow the mining and use of asbestos.
THREE COUNTRIES in the entire world and the US is one of them.

Old 07-23-2018, 09:51 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,764,742 times
It sounds like you are dead set on worrying about this endlessly. Worry is far more dangerous than asbestos is. I suggest you either, sell the house and bu a different one; tear down the house and rebuild it; or spend a bloody fortune to replace all pipe, insulation, stucco, tile, drywall, linoleum, or glued on substances that might contain asbestos. Then you can start on potential lead products. While you are at it, test for radon, mold, mercury, and silica.

Thinking about it, worry and anxiety is going to kill you regardless of what you do, so maybe just do not bother with potential carcinogens in your house. There is little likelihood you will live long enough for cancer to kill you.

Old 07-23-2018, 10:42 AM

7,514 posts, read 13,608,655 times
Don't forget Chinese drywall, and formaldehyde ;-)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_drywall

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1568408/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House