Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2019, 08:18 AM

6,337 posts, read 4,066,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
This is assuming that the local government is not corrupt. If so, the amount of bribes paid will determine what happens.
Haha, that’s always a given!

Old 01-04-2019, 08:25 AM

30,702 posts, read 79,379,373 times
Go hike the John Muir trail, it will be very quiet and peaceful this time of year. . When you get back, the cosntrucitn will be done.

Old 01-04-2019, 09:17 AM

9,611 posts, read 21,149,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinco Ranch View Post
Im staying at a friends house until the job is finished but its taking so long.
How is all that dust getting on your car if you're staying at a friend's house?

Old 01-04-2019, 09:23 AM

196 posts, read 180,565 times
Guys there is lots of wood dust everywhere because the workers are sawing wood and my entire car was covered up under wood dust. I am very concerned because I was told treated wood contains arsenic, please inform what I should do

Old 01-04-2019, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duster1979 View Post
How is all that dust getting on your car if you're staying at a friend's house?
I went to my condo yesterday for about 2 hours and my car was already covered with dust

Old 01-04-2019, 09:28 AM

Default Does treated wood contain arsenic?

Guys there is lots of wood dust everywhere outside my condo because the workers are sawing wood outside in front of the unit next to me and my entire car was covered up under dust. I am very concerned because I was told treated wood contains arsenic, please inform what I should do. Should I wear those white masks each time I go outside of my condo to avoid breathing in this dust

I am very scared that I might get arsenic poisoning from the wood dust

Old 01-04-2019, 09:34 AM

13,499 posts, read 18,093,728 times
Quote:
There is remodeling happening at the next door townhouse from me, its literally next to me because the building is connected with one another. How can I decrease my exposure to the work going on? These guys are cutting wood everyday outside and there is wood dust everywhere, sheetrock dust, fiberglass, paint fumes and all of the stuff that comes with remodeling. Its a 2 story townhouse around 2100 square footage, they have been working on it everyday for like a month now, I don't get why its taking so long even if its a complete remodeling shouldn't take this long. The workers arent professional either they are illegal immigrants they dont speak english. Hispanic origin though thats of no importance. Im staying at a friends house until the job is finished but its taking so long. Im considering wearing a paint mask each time i have to go to my condo so I wont breath any outside air
Since you present the above in bold as a fact, just report them to the immigration authorities. Maybe the next group of workers will flash their immigration papers to you and speak High Middle Polish.

Old 01-04-2019, 09:48 AM

5,102 posts, read 6,017,165 times
Quote:
Guys there is lots of wood dust everywhere because the workers are sawing wood and my entire car was covered up under wood dust. I am very concerned because I was told treated wood contains arsenic, please inform what I should do

Is this treated wood? What remodeling are they doing? Preservative treated lumber is usually used for ground contact or exterior things like decks. Most construction uses plain kiln dried lumber.

Park your car upwind of where they are cutting.

Old 01-04-2019, 09:54 AM

8,097 posts, read 8,235,495 times
Call the HOA and ask if the project was approved and let them know about your concerns. Then go to the owners and also discuss. Perhaps the workers can tarp off the area where they are sawing. More likely, you can request they provide you with a car cover.

I’ve had this happen 2x to me. Once in a condo (a 10-week project) where the salon under my unit was being remodeled during the night b/c they were still doing business during usual hours. After many different conversations, they paid for me to have a hotel room during times when there was planned machinery noise after 9pm.

Also — a 4 month project next door to me in a single family house — caused lots of flying trash into my yard and my parking being monopolized by workers. I put a few notes on workers’ windshields requesting they park across the street from the home they were working on (there is no house across the street) and also discussed with the project mgr. That resolved the issue. In addition, they damaged a flagstone walk (mine) between the houses by carrying equipment and materials to the back of the neighbor’s house for an addition they installed.

Again, I had to respond to this annoyance by having a series of conversations with the owners. The owners did rectify the damaged walk problem. However they never were proactive about making sure trash blowing onto my property was removed daily and so every few days I had to go outside and clean my property of roofing, insulation, wood pieces, etc. The project is over, but not the hard feelings. I have no interest in socializing with those neighbors because of their lack of vigilance toward their blowing trash — even after a few complaints — during their renovation.

Old 01-04-2019, 10:02 AM

6,596 posts, read 8,914,401 times
Close your windows.

Wash your car.

Talk to your neighbor and the construction crew.

Relax.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House