Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2019, 12:45 PM

23,866 posts, read 33,554,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
Walmart
The walmart I went to didn't have it. I'll have to check mine the next time I go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2019, 01:13 PM

3,217 posts, read 2,431,190 times
Quote:
Other family members haven't been religious about squeegie-ing the glass/wiping it down so that it's pretty dirty. Glass cleaners aren't cutting it. Does anyone have any proven tips on how to clean cloudy shower glass. Would love to have it sparkly again.

Thanks!!
I find that the best glass cleaner all around is home made. 50/50 water and cleaning White vinegar (can be scented) with a squirt or two of dawn dish detergent. If you mix it up before needed for the shower use hot water as being hot will work better on the soap scum.

Old 02-20-2019, 01:57 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,909,203 times
Wife showers first, me next. When I finish I spend the few minutes it takes to squeegee the two glass walls, the two tile walls, the floor, everything. Then I take a towel and completely wipe down every inch of the shower, the glass, the tile, the chrome, the floor, everything. It's always clean, always looks great, with no scum or build up, no need to use chemicals or a jackhammer.

It only take a few minutes and all of the magic formulas are not necessary.

Old 02-21-2019, 08:11 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,862,293 times
We had bathroom redone and enlarged the shower area
Had glass sealer/coating added to prevent etching
We have acidic water in that area of FL
The company recommends mixture of alcohol and distilled water, sprayed on and squeegees/wiped off
Not much alcohol to distilled water...

Forget the ratio
Goes long way because you don’t have to do it too often if you squeegee

Old 02-21-2019, 10:37 AM

3,217 posts, read 2,431,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
We had bathroom redone and enlarged the shower area
Had glass sealer/coating added to prevent etching
We have acidic water in that area of FL
The company recommends mixture of alcohol and distilled water, sprayed on and squeegees/wiped off
Not much alcohol to distilled water...

Forget the ratio
Goes long way because you don’t have to do it too often if you squeegee
Oooh that is the ingredient I forgot to add to my glass cleaner recipe. I put about a tablespoon or two of alcohol with 50/50 water vinegar and a squirt or two of dawn. It works great on mirrors and my husband loves it for doing the windows. Better than commercial window cleaner.

Old 02-24-2019, 07:51 AM

2,106 posts, read 978,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
Wife showers first, me next. When I finish I spend the few minutes it takes to squeegee the two glass walls, the two tile walls, the floor, everything. Then I take a towel and completely wipe down every inch of the shower, the glass, the tile, the chrome, the floor, everything. It's always clean, always looks great, with no scum or build up, no need to use chemicals or a jackhammer.

You sound like a keeper

Old 02-25-2019, 05:10 AM

11 posts, read 7,241 times
Vinegar helps me a lot in this.
The most effective is to keep everything dry. Excellent ventilation in the bathroom helps.

Old 02-25-2019, 09:38 AM

13,448 posts, read 15,478,210 times
Ok so I've used the eraser and it does a good job but leaves streaks/residue. You can see where I've swiped. So what should I do, follow it up with Rain X??

Thanks!

Old 02-25-2019, 02:25 PM

2,867 posts, read 3,556,796 times
Quote:
Ok so I've used the eraser and it does a good job but leaves streaks/residue. You can see where I've swiped. So what should I do, follow it up with Rain X??

Thanks!
Huh? The Magic Erasure Bar left streaks and residue? That shouldn't be the case. Soak the sponge and wipe it down (don't let it get dry) and then simply rinse off the glass. Or better yet, wipe it down and then use a squeegee to clear and dry it. Run a paper towel down whichever side of the glass you squeegee to. Should be spotless unless if you have hard water etching in the glass itself. Nothing will fix that.

I washed our attic window this past weekend. Probably has never been washed in nearly 20 years of existence. Used the Magic Erasure Bar, a bucket of warm water, and a squeegee. Done in about 2 minutes and looks brand spanking new again.

Old 12-13-2019, 08:31 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,368,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post

...and you use the same towel every day to wipe it down? I don't like doing a bunch of extra laundry either!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House