Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2019, 08:39 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,698,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_M View Post
So, the gist is... toaster oven is MORE a smaller oven than a big toaster. Not something for my life then, thanks for the replies though.
yeah. you could use a regular oven for these things but i would think it would take more time to preheat, use more energy, be a bit less convenient. my toaster oven gets heavy use, somtimes 3 meals a day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2019, 12:01 PM

37,617 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
So, the gist is... toaster oven is MORE a smaller oven than a big toaster. Not something for my life then, thanks for the replies though.
Yes. Definitely more of a small oven, although it certainly toasts very well. There is no need for a toaster, if you have a toaster oven, and a toaster oven can do ever so much more. That’s why I have always preferred it.

Old 04-12-2019, 12:02 PM

37,617 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
yeah. you could use a regular oven for these things but i would think it would take more time to preheat, use more energy, be a bit less convenient. my toaster oven gets heavy use, somtimes 3 meals a day.
Yep. I definitely use my toaster oven more than I use my oven.

Old 04-13-2019, 09:56 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,612,080 times
Quote:
I do not make toast in mine, I use my regular toaster for that. I have a countertop convection oven (toaster oven), and I use it to cook things I’d cook in my regular oven, but if it’s something smaller there’s no sense in heating up that big oven, especially during the summer. ‘Toaster oven’ is really an outdated term, since I suspect most people do not use them for that reason.

I used mine today to cook some Butterball turkey burgers.

Old 04-13-2019, 10:55 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,505,733 times
I just bought a cute red one on Amazon a bunch of years ago. It does the trick, but takes forever.

When I first got it, it was a way to melt cheese on anything, basically. If you have cheese, you can make anything taste great.

Now that I'm vegan, though, I use mine mainly just to toast whole wheat bread now.

Old 04-13-2019, 11:20 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Quote:
we use the toaster oven a lot and a priority for me was size, the bigger the better. so i ended up getting this:

BLACK+DECKER TO3290XSD TO3290XSBD Toaster Oven 8-Slice Stainless Steel

the one issue i had was that the metal grates are too far apart, makes it harder to put smaller stuff like individual chicken nuggets on it without potentially falling.
Are you saying you don't use the baking pan and put nuggets directly on the toaster grates? Just wanted to clarify before I giggle.

Old 04-14-2019, 07:54 AM

4,556 posts, read 3,754,316 times
This right here is the best toaster I have tried yet, a Breville. Super even cooking:

https://www.amazon.com/Breville-BOV8...gateway&sr=8-3

Old 04-14-2019, 08:08 AM

24,559 posts, read 10,869,900 times
Cuisineart toaster/air fryer/convection here. Perfect in summer on the patio. Big enough for a frozen pizza, a muffin tin, cornbread pan; holds a dozen wings or six tortilla roll ups. It is in use daily. I have a perfect oven with whistles and bells but it takes 10-15 minutes to come to temperature by then the wings are done in what SO calls the kitchen box.

Old 04-14-2019, 01:08 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,698,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Are you saying you don't use the baking pan and put nuggets directly on the toaster grates? Just wanted to clarify before I giggle.
funny because when i first got the toaster and had the issue, i looked for pans but didnt get any. when i made this post i went looking on amazon for pans again. but then i stopped because i really prefer not using the pans and putting the things im cooking right on the grates. i dont need something else for my wife to complain that i got dirty. does this make me unusual? i figure pans were primarily for things that would fall through the grates. but for all i know, everyone is using pans and im being weird using direct grate contact.

Old 04-15-2019, 05:23 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,161,541 times
Quote:
Yes. The countertop oven preheats much faster. And it is a convection oven, as well
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House