Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2019, 11:24 PM

5,587 posts, read 8,398,368 times

Advertisements

I've decided to replace my bedrooms' carpet; it's five years old, starting to get matted down, plus I think one of my dogs peed in the guest room. Since the dogs aren't getting any younger and accidents will continue to happen, I decided to replace it all with luxury vinyl plank. I have Pergo in the rest of the house but it's not waterproof. I know there is now waterproof laminate, but I love the look and feel of the LVP.

Question is, I don't know whether to get rigid-core or non-rigid-core? My understanding of the rigid core is that it's meant to hide any imperfections in the sub-floor. I don't know if there are any imperfections in my bedroom floors, first of all. But secondly, I love the feel of the vinyl plank under bare feet, and I'm afraid the rigid core will make it feel hard, like laminate. The thinner plank, called "resilient" in the sample I have, feels like it would be more....resilient under foot?

Anyone have any experience with this? I went to Lowe's tonight to check it out but nobody was in Flooring to help, I guess being that it was Father's Day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2019, 04:53 AM

3,576 posts, read 2,194,222 times
https://parterreflooring.com/spc-wpc...cial-flooring/ this gives you the info you want.

Old 06-17-2019, 10:53 AM

5,587 posts, read 8,398,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cp102 View Post
Thanks. This focuses mainly on the differences between two types of rigid core vinyls, though, not the differences between rigid core and non-RC. Although this information is good to have too, as I didn't know there were two different types. So far, it sounds like an advantage to RC is that it's more impervious to dents/scratching and can be cheaper to install because it's not glued down. I'm wondering more about the feel of both types under-foot, if anyone has any experience with it.

Old 06-18-2019, 05:10 AM

3,576 posts, read 2,194,222 times
We bought Luxury Vinyl Plank for our Den then also put it in a bedroom we loved it! It was softer to walk in stayed beautiful. We had a heavy bed, desk etc it never left marks on the floor.It was from Armstrong. In the den I had a treadmill never left marks. We have dogs I was worried if one had an accident ..thats why we chose LVP instead of laminate or wood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House