Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2019, 01:35 PM

50,778 posts, read 36,474,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
im not sure which one we have but it looks like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Luxe-Bidet-Ne...9YP0BVARA2EPY9

my uncle loved his so much that he gave it as a gift to a bunch of people in my family. the thing is only $42. my wife loves it. i only use it when im having a rough day. we all know that wiping stuff with a dry piece of paper isnt really getting you clean. its kind of obvious that we should be using something like this.

my brother makes a big production of his pooping ritual. sits on the toilet for 30+ minutes and spends a lot of time wiping after. strangely, he thought it was a weird gift and never set it up. he is the one who should be enjoying it most but he has a mental issue with it.

im not sure what the $500 ones do. this just shoots a stream of water up your butt. the stream can be adjusted a little depending on where you need it to hit (and you can adjust yourself a bit also).

I have one similar to the Amazon one. I first bought it before my back surgery and quickly fell in love with it. When we bought our home a few years ago we had to rebuild the bathroom (foreclosure) and I bought one of those expensive several hundred dollar bidets. I was so excited to use it, lol. It was lit at night, it had multi jet streams and angles, and a heated dryer, lol.

Then too late we realized it needs an electrical outlet and there isn't one near the toilet. It was too late to return it (I bought it months before the bathroom was ready) so it sits up in the attic until we either put a bathroom in upstairs or get an outlet put in downstairs.

So I am stuck with cool water for now!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2019, 01:53 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,693,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I have one similar to the Amazon one. I first bought it before my back surgery and quickly fell in love with it. When we bought our home a few years ago we had to rebuild the bathroom (foreclosure) and I bought one of those expensive several hundred dollar bidets. I was so excited to use it, lol. It was lit at night, it had multi jet streams and angles, and a heated dryer, lol.

Then too late we realized it needs an electrical outlet and there isn't one near the toilet. It was too late to return it (I bought it months before the bathroom was ready) so it sits up in the attic until we either put a bathroom in upstairs or get an outlet put in downstairs.

funny, you reminded me that in our last house my wife got this illumibowl thing that lit up the toilet when you opened the cover at night. that went away when we moved, i guess she forgot about it, ill mention it to my wife later.

it would be nice to be warmed water but i cant say the cold water has bothered me. what i dont love is when i get a hard straight shot up the pooper. i have to gently turn the dial to make sure it comes out with a soft shot not a hard blast. it seems to come out hard really quick if you arent careful.

Old 12-13-2019, 05:39 AM

50,370 posts, read 63,964,084 times
Quote:

It’s really basic handyman electric, if you have a gfci anywhere near the toilet, you can run another one from there. Ours is just on the other side of the wall.

Old 12-13-2019, 05:53 AM

50,370 posts, read 63,964,084 times
Quote:
im not sure which one we have but it looks like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Luxe-Bidet-Ne...9YP0BVARA2EPY9

my brother makes a big production of his pooping ritual. sits on the toilet for 30+ minutes and spends a lot of time wiping after. strangely, he thought it was a weird gift and never set it up. he is the one who should be enjoying it most but he has a mental issue with it).
Why do men treat going #2 as if they are waiting for a bus? Most women are just in and out, lickety split.

One poster, I forget who, once wrote that she had to stop inviting a certain man to dinner parties, because he would proceed to tie up her bathroom after dinner, and none of the other guests could use it.
Men are funny.

Old 12-13-2019, 08:11 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,693,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Why do men treat going #2 as if they are waiting for a bus? Most women are just in and out, lickety split.

One poster, I forget who, once wrote that she had to stop inviting a certain man to dinner parties, because he would proceed to tie up her bathroom after dinner, and none of the other guests could use it.
Men are funny.
for me, its in and out. i take kirkland psyllium husk and i think it helps. ive suggested it to my brother but his perception is that is it to cure some ailment like constipation. i have tried to explain that it isnt a cure, its a supplement that helps make sure you go regularly and have a clean getaway after. there seems to be a significant amount of people that think that fiber supplements are to cure something, they dont realize its a daily supplement.

Old 12-13-2019, 08:16 AM

Quote:
for me, its in and out. i take kirkland psyllium husk and i think it helps. ive suggested it to my brother but his perception is that is it to cure some ailment like constipation. i have tried to explain that it isnt a cure, its a supplement that helps make sure you go regularly and have a clean getaway after. there seems to be a significant amount of people that think that fiber supplements are to cure something, they dont realize its a daily supplement.

This reminds me of a nursing home (long term) patient I used to have on my therapy schedule. I'd go to get him after lunch and he'd need the bathroom first. So I'd put him on the toilet, then he'd say "See that book on my nightstand? Go get it for me" and I knew I was in for a long wait, lol. There is very little fiber in any institutional food. But I also think he enjoyed sitting there reading. Not sure how the roommate felt!

Old 12-13-2019, 09:10 PM

2,061 posts, read 1,958,249 times
We have two of these with heaters.

Bidets by American Biffyâ„¢ Company | Attachable Bidets | Portable Bidets

It is nice to be completely clean. Not sure about life changing— but after trips we are glad to be home.

Old 12-14-2019, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funisart View Post
We have two of these with heaters.

Bidets by American Biffyâ„¢ Company | Attachable Bidets | Portable Bidets

It is nice to be completely clean. Not sure about life changing— but after trips we are glad to be home.
Do they all require outlets?

Old 12-16-2019, 07:51 PM

2,061 posts, read 1,958,249 times
Quote:
Do they all require outlets?
No. You can use it without a heater.

Old 12-17-2019, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funisart View Post
No. You can use it without a heater.
Definitely going to look into those thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House